Wiki Posts
Search

PIT-FLL nonstop sold out every day?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2019, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

PIT-FLL nonstop sold out every day?

Hey all

the only NS PIT-FLL is showing sold out every day in September (checked Sep 3-11). Is this a MAX cancellation, glitch, or is PIT-FLL really that popular in September?

6/28 update: PIT-FLL weekdays has been removed from the schedule. FLL-PIT has not.

Last edited by jco613; Jun 28, 2019 at 6:31 am
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
A guess... and ONLY a guess.

Maybe they are thinking of dropping that flight due to load factors... and or it is high on the list to be dropped due to equipment shortage (max).

I am guessing that they have a list of city pairs ranked by ability to drop and have to work through them.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
A guess... and ONLY a guess.

Maybe they are thinking of dropping that flight due to load factors... and or it is high on the list to be dropped due to equipment shortage (max).

I am guessing that they have a list of city pairs ranked by ability to drop and have to work through them.
FWIW they are offering fll-pit during this time frame. Odd
Old Jun 25, 2019, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by jco613

FWIW they are offering fll-pit during this time frame. Odd
We were looking to book NS PIT-LAX during your above timeframe and found the same situation yesterday. The NS return we wanted also became unavailable,
Old Jun 25, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: Dividend Miles, WorldPerks
Originally Posted by SanibelSunshine

We were looking to book NS PIT-LAX during your above timeframe and found the same situation yesterday. The NS return we wanted also became unavailable,
They keep cancelling PIT-LAX due to Max 8 problems. Taking PIT-FLL off the schedule would really surprise me though
Old Jun 26, 2019, 9:41 pm

Check again. All I can think is they removed inventory as they tinkered with flight times.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Which ones of these are non-stops?

OP was looking for non stops. There are lots of connections.

Originally Posted by Flythefuture
Check again. All I can think is they removed inventory as they tinkered with flight times.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:33 pm

Hey all

the only NS PIT-FLL is showing sold out every day in September (checked Sep 3-11). Is this a MAX cancellation, glitch, or is PIT-FLL really that popular in September?
Don't know if it is a MAX problem. But, right now there is one NS PIT>FLL showing for each Saturday and Sun (9/7 & 9/8) and neither are sold out.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by pgh234
They keep cancelling PIT-LAX due to Max 8 problems. Taking PIT-FLL off the schedule would really surprise me though
Yeah they transferred my reservation this morning onto different flights with different dates. My travel partner had not yet booked. Such a pain!
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:49 am

The second half of August, and then September and October have lower demand than other times of the year to central and southern Florida. Hurricane season, kids back in school (by August), beginning of shorter days, and weather not cold enough up north to make it worthwhile to go down there.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beyondhere
The second half of August, and then September and October have lower demand than other times of the year to central and southern Florida. Hurricane season, kids back in school (by August), beginning of shorter days, and weather not cold enough up north to make it worthwhile to go down there.
yeah but seems odd to see it offered one way and not the other
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:59 am

yeah but seems odd to see it offered one way and not the other
Completely different lines of flying, for example the airplane that does PIT-FLL could have other stops that day that can be cut, but the plane doing FLL-PIT may fly a line that hits many major markets.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite
LAX-TPA nonstop sold out 737 Max

Hey all

6/28 update: PIT-FLL weekdays has been removed from the schedule. FLL-PIT has not.
Same situation for NS LAX-TPA, beginning Oct 2 showing sold out everyday. Confirmed with Southwest that it is due to the 737 Max. I'm not clear if they will substitute another aircraft or will ultimately cancel the flight. I specifically chose this flight for the nonstop. Wondering if they are waiting to cancel the flight until closer to the flight date, when it would cost much more to cancel this reservation and make a reservation with a different carrier?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.