Community
Wiki Posts
Search

An introduction from Seat Amigo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by pinniped
Whoa. They're tapping into the Allegiant flyer base. GAME. CHANGER.
This could be profitable for Seat Amigo with an over/under side bet on chances of G4 reaching your intended destination.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Whoa.

They're tapping into the Allegiant flyer base.

GAME. CHANGER.
With two flights under my belt, I suppose I'm part of their flyer base. Honestly, I thought they were fine, and SFP airport ranks as one of my most painless arrival experiences ever (gate to rental car itself in less than 10 minutes).
Old Sep 21, 2019, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
Originally Posted by moondog
With two flights under my belt, I suppose I'm part of their flyer base. Honestly, I thought they were fine, and SFP airport ranks as one of my most painless arrival experiences ever (gate to rental car itself in less than 10 minutes).
SFP?

I don't think Allegiant Airlines flies to Surfers Paradise Airport in Australia.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin AA
SFP?

I don't think Allegiant Airlines flies to Surfers Paradise Airport in Australia.
Oh, man. That's the third time I've made that mistake! Usually, when I mistype an airport code, Google is quick to rub my ignorance in my face, but in this particular case, I guess it simply accepts the fact that I'm not alone.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I've flown them for 1 round-trip. And like you, I was fortunate in that the flights operated on time and I was out and into the rental car in minutes.

If you meant SFB , that's where I flew them as well.

MCI-SFB was $44 each way for President's Day weekend a few years back. I bought the tickets the first day they loaded MCI into their booking system. Figured for that price, how bad can it be? For a while, the answer was "less-than-safe ancient Mad Dogs", but those are now gone.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:42 am

I've flown them for 1 round-trip. And like you, I was fortunate in that the flights operated on time and I was out and into the rental car in minutes.

If you meant SFB , that's where I flew them as well.

MCI-SFB was $44 each way for President's Day weekend a few years back. I bought the tickets the first day they loaded MCI into their booking system. Figured for that price, how bad can it be? For a while, the answer was "less-than-safe ancient Mad Dogs", but those are now gone.
I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm also too lazy to dig up the Allegiant thread so I'll keep this point as brief as possible. When arriving at Sanford, it occurred to me that flying out of their could suck if things didn't go well: most routes have two flights per WEEK, and Allegiant is effectively the ONLY airline serving that place.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA/DL/UA
I added SMX to my airport code list by flying Allegiant from there to LAS. Cheap and on-time. Works for me.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm also too lazy to dig up the Allegiant thread so I'll keep this point as brief as possible. When arriving at Sanford, it occurred to me that flying out of their could suck if things didn't go well: most routes have two flights per WEEK, and Allegiant is effectively the ONLY airline serving that place.
Very true and this was in the back of my mind as I booked this trip.

To bring it back to the airline on whose board we're posting, the fact that TPA and MCO both have nonstops to MCI, and the fact that I had lots of WN points and A-list status, I knew I'd be able to find a way home on a Tuesday in February even if the return flight on Allegiant was canceled.

Had the outbound been canceled, it just would have been a trip in vain. I wouldn't book Allegiant for any trip that *urgently* must happen.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by ursine1
The site has recently been updated, and now says "Allegiant, Spirit and Frontier Airlines capability coming soon."
And... now the references to specific other carriers have been pulled. Someone get a c&d letter?

Oddly enough, the name Southwest is now back -- presumably "works with Southwest Airlines" has been officially vetted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.