Search

Nonsensical flight update email

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat

I just received an email from WN regarding changes to my MDW-SJD flight. Except that the reservation number matches an itinerary for OAK-BUR and the app does not show any changes to my itinerary.

at first I thought somebody hacked into my account but I checked and all my points are still there.

anybody else get a strange “Changes in your upcoming flights” email?

Last edited by Boraxo; Mar 26, 2020 at 9:41 am
Old Mar 25, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR

Originally Posted by Boraxo
I just received an email from WN regarding changes to my ORD-SJD flight.
O'Hare? Yeah that's nonsensical.

But I got nothing currently booked, so no WN emails.
OzzyOzzie likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Double and triple check the email.

I though the same thing more than once, but finally found a flight number change in my case.

Another possibility is a flight gets cancelled, then brought back and they system thinks it is a change or something like that.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Mystery resolved. Apparently there is an error in the gmail (google) program that reads the email and adds a caption to the top. The email from WN does in fact advise of a schedule change to my original itinerary, but it has nothing to do with MDW or SJD. Very strange but no problem with WN IT as far as I can tell.

I was going to upload a screen shot but I don't know how to cloak the rez # and my address.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:03 am
Company Representative - Southwest Airlines

Programs: Rapid Rewards, IHG/Kimpton, Bonvoy, AA/oneworld, British Airways
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Mystery resolved. Apparently there is an error in the gmail (google) program that reads the email and adds a caption to the top. The email from WN does in fact advise of a schedule change to my original itinerary, but it has nothing to do with MDW or SJD. Very strange but no problem with WN IT as far as I can tell.

I was going to upload a screen shot but I don't know how to cloak the rez # and my address.
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear this wasn't an issue on our end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.