Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on missed connection...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Question on missed connection...

Flight from LAS - SFO with a stopover at BUR on a single PNR - what happens if there's a delay from LAS causing me to miss the connection at BUR? And, if there aren't anymore flights from BUR to SFO for the night, does WN offer a hotel voucher? Or, just a new flight in the morning and wish me on my merry way on finding my own hotel?

Thanks!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:15 am

The general rule of thumb is if it's their fault (mechanical issue), they'll pay for the hotel. If it's weather, you're on your own.

And it's not hard for them to justify the weather excuse either. The weather might be perfect in LAS, BUR and SFO, but if your incoming flight is delayed because it came from a city in the northeast that got a lot of snow, then it's a weather related delay.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti
Flight from LAS - SFO with a stopover at BUR on a single PNR - what happens if there's a delay from LAS causing me to miss the connection at BUR? And, if there aren't anymore flights from BUR to SFO for the night, does WN offer a hotel voucher? Or, just a new flight in the morning and wish me on my merry way on finding my own hotel?

Thanks!
If the delay is noted early enough and will cause a misconnect, they can reschedule you based on availability.

They may offer accommodations if you get stuck based on the reason for the delay but the probability is low. I was offered at hotel once but it was after midnight and my flight was at 6am. Not worth it for me so I just settled in.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by Visconti

Thanks!
If the delay is noted early enough and will cause a misconnect, they can reschedule you based on availability.

They may offer accommodations if you get stuck based on the reason for the delay but the probability is low. I was offered at hotel once but it was after midnight and my flight was at 6am. Not worth it for me so I just settled in.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
WN is not generous with hotel vouchers, so plan on your own hotel. Better to simply deal with your travel insurance so that you aren't standing in a long line late at night, hoping for a voucher.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
They will make every effort to route you to your destination on other flights and other connection options...but you are SOL if the flight is delayed due to weather and you are stuck overnight.

Knowing the game and knowing I was gonna be stuck somewhere due to a lot of delayed flights one night, worked with a friendly gate agent that found a flight that was delayed due to mechanical reasons but still would not likely get me home. She booked me on that flight which got me closer to home and a hotel voucher when I landed!
ryw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.