Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using Chase Southwest Priority Card Upgraded boarding for my wife

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES

My wife is traveling from DAL to LAX tomorrow. I messed up on the time to check her in and she got a C boarding pass. I recently upgraded my Chase Southwest card to the Priority Card. However the card is in my possession and I'm not with her. Any ideas of how I can use one of my 4 "buy-ups to a better boarding position" for this? I could try having the gate agent take the card over the phone. Any other suggestions?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Hmmm... I would think they swipe anyways... maybe they can do manual... but I think they would be concerned with fraud.

Also, are those "upgrades" even transferable?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

They are transferable in the sense that you just pay for it on the card and it goes away from pending charge. The first time I did it, I upgraded my wife’s boarding pass but I was standing there with the card. I’ll try to have them manual do it and see what happens.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver
I hope it works out. It would be a fate worse than death to board with the mongrels in group C.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

They didn’t go for it. However my wife and her companion were able to sit together in an exit row with C2 and C3. I don’t know how that happened.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by kpott
They didn’t go for it. However my wife and her companion were able to sit together in an exit row with C2 and C3. I don’t know how that happened.

I am often amazed at how sometimes great seats are available even with B boarding. Your example is crazy - in a good way.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
So the card comes with four expedited boardings per year. Is that per calendar year (i.e. 2018 vs 2019) or fiscal year (i.e. card anniversary)?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
So the card comes with four expedited boardings per year. Is that per calendar year (i.e. 2018 vs 2019) or fiscal year (i.e. card anniversary)?
Straight from the Chase card page: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...nAEP?CELL=6RHZ

Southwest Upgraded Boardings: Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15. Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available. Price of Upgraded Boardings is based on your itinerary. Anniversary year means the year beginning with your account open date through the first statement date after your account open date anniversary, and the 12 monthly billing cycles after that each year.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
I am often amazed at how sometimes great seats are available even with B boarding. Your example is crazy - in a good way.
I was on a flight last year from BUF>MCO and the last two people to board the full flight got exit row seats. They weren't together, but I sat there in amazement watching the boarding process unfold. I always thank the FA's for standing in those rows when I end up with a mid B boarding position and find a nice seat waiting for me.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, it is amazing that so many people will NOT take the row that when a FA is standing there.

It has given us the "love seats"many times, even with a high A boarding number.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:51 am

Send you a PM!
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BethC123
Send you a PM!
Sending WHO a PM?

And, some reason it can not be posted here?

I ask this, as I have gotten PMs on this board and others with questions that would be helpful to others. Actually, with one exception, they all are what these boards are all about.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
New bot on board?
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Sending WHO a PM?

And, some reason it can not be posted here?

I ask this, as I have gotten PMs on this board and others with questions that would be helpful to others. Actually, with one exception, they all are what these boards are all about.
I'm not a bot, I promise! I was trying to reply to @KBott, but I have never used this forum before and wasn't sure how. I was just asking for a referral link for the Southwest Priority card since it sounds like he has one. I want to apply, but I'd like for someone to reap the benefits of a referral, even if I don't know them. Just seems like the nice thing to do. Anyone can send me a link if they have one!
Old Apr 27, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Just give her your card so she can swipe for the flight.

Works for my wife and I every time, although I did finally get her a card with hername on it.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.