Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FLL-CUN Sold Out all month? Oct

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2018, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

FLL-CUN Sold Out all month? Oct

So Ive been researching the 7:45pm flight out of FLL to CUN in October and there has been plenty of space the past few days. Today I look and from Oct 6-Nov 2nd that time slot is sold out completely, every day. Is something wrong here or is this normal? This is definitely not peak season down there.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I would interpret that as a seasonal suspension of the flight.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Seasonal, as in just for a month?
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Air travel to the Caribbean is slow in autumn. Kids back in school. Hurricane season.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 7:30 pm

Airlines Trim Flights to Mexican Resort Areas as Demand Softens

While Mexican tourism officials insist the country's resort areas are safe, the U.S. State Department has noted, "Violent crime, such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery, is widespread" in Mexico.

A Journal Sentinel investigation, launched in July 2017, identified the problems with alcohol-related blackouts at resorts in Mexico. In all, more than 170 travelers have described injuries, illnesses and deaths after drinking alcohol at resorts and in tourist towns in Mexico.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:47 pm

wouldn't they just take the flight offline?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:45 pm

I've seen that it's common airline practice to keep a flight posted with zero seats for booking when they've taken it off the schedule. I'm not sure of the reason: perhaps they have it that way until all booked passengers have been re-accommodated (perhaps just with a refund).
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:00 pm

I just checked the low fare calendar, and there are seats from FLL-CUN shown every day in October. Maybe a particular flight is sold out but there are seats available every day. I vote for a computer glitch.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by rsteinmetz70112
I just checked the low fare calendar, and there are seats from FLL-CUN shown every day in October. Maybe a particular flight is sold out but there are seats available every day. I vote for a computer glitch.
As the earlier poster mentioned, it is the 7:45pm flight that shows sold out. Just checked a few days, and that seems the norm.

AND - the 8am flight back to FLL also shows sold out.

Good news here - the flights are really cheap for most date - $100 each way.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Air travel to the Caribbean is slow in autumn. Kids back in school. Hurricane season.
Yes, those kids is went back to school. They won't have anymore vacation trips for a while. Stay in school!

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
As the earlier poster mentioned, it is the 7:45pm flight that shows sold out. Just checked a few days, and that seems the norm.

AND - the 8am flight back to FLL also shows sold out.

Good news here - the flights are really cheap for most date - $100 each way.
Yeah, unfortunately, you can't get a ticket. Besides, I think he can fly JetBlue or Spirit. He can fly MIA-CUN on AA or any other airline from Miami.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:30 am

Just checked the schedule. The 7:45pm flight is now available through October 6, but removed from the schedule until November 3 (open on 11/3 only). Then switched to 7:05pm on November 4. I didn't go through all of November, but stays at 7:05pm for a while.

Last edited by NextTrip; Aug 7, 2018 at 6:19 pm
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, those kids is went back to school. They won't have anymore vacation trips for a while. Stay in school!

Yeah, unfortunately, you can't get a ticket. Besides, I think he can fly JetBlue or Spirit. He can fly MIA-CUN on AA or any other airline from Miami.
The other two flights per day are available, just that late one was not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.