Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

One month estimated response time (by mail) afer applying for RR Visa

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

I haven't applied for a CC in many years so found this interesting.

Went to this site https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sou...Dual?CELL=653G
filled out their credit check info and was told I will get a response via US mail in about a MONTH.

My credit ratings are in the 800's

Anyone know why so slow to check me out?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Fairly standard. Call back to the Chase credit card application status line in a few days and it'll update to either 7-10 days (denial) or 2 weeks (approval).
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
When you do not get something approved online within a few minutes, they apparently want to check something out before moving forward. They give themselves a month to cover their a$$.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
When you do not get something approved online within a few minutes, they apparently want to check something out before moving forward.
That may explain why I was approved in a few minutes; I am sure its because I am a long-time Chase cardholder already.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by bukzin
My credit ratings are in the 800's
Could be your history with Chase or credit cards in general. If you don't meet the 5/24 guidelines they may want to review this some more.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
Could be your history with Chase or credit cards in general. If you don't meet the 5/24 guidelines they may want to review this some more.
From what I have read, if you exceed the 5/24 - the application will be declined.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
From what I have read, if you exceed the 5/24 - the application will be declined.

What is the 5/24 rule? Also, is my rating down graded because I auto pay the outstanding balance each month?
Old Mar 19, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bukzin
What is the 5/24 rule? Also, is my rating down graded because I auto pay the outstanding balance each month?
5/24 means you have gotten 5 new cards within 24 months. That includes being an authorized user.

As to auto pay. Not a problem. We do that on all cards and have maybe 30 cards - most not in use of course.

But, as said earlier... if not approved right away, they have some questions.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:23 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
This happens all the time to me. I regard it as normal. For example they may decide to reduce credit limits on an existing account and then issue the new card.

There’s an automated phone line you can call for status. You key in your SS number and it tells you pending or approved or not. Expect a decision within 10 days.

Another method is to logon to your chase account where you may see the new card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.