Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Gary Kelly interview - past, present, & future

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Kelly discusses CA, Hawaii, assigned seats, and retirement:

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...ng-basics-2018
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
I keep thinking about this, and I feel the following which has been discussed many times already:

-Need to offer assigned seating. I have a comment that I haven't verified. I have been told that flights overwater need to have a seat manifest (Hawaii). If true, interesting. I expect that would be enabled on the website and app.

-The flights not departing on time (still at gate at departure time) and the inbound flight was known to be late without adjusted departure. I haven't seen much progress in three years here.

i don't mind the plane and simpler in-flight services, but can't for the life of me understand why they avoided better avod on the new planes. They use the music audio now, but should have done something more customer centric with power and inseat amenities.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed
I have been told that flights overwater need to have a seat manifest (Hawaii).
Interesting if true. There are no seat manifests to/from outposts where security is manifestly inconsistent. Board @ Tegucigalpa and connect to WN in Mexico or Costa Rica. No clue whether bags are x-rayed and no seat match with the owner.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by rasheed
-Need to offer assigned seating. I have a comment that I haven't verified. I have been told that flights overwater need to have a seat manifest (Hawaii). If true, interesting. I expect that would be enabled on the website and app.
That is interesting. Was this someone who should know ( WN management in that area of expertise ) or someone who had no clue, but likes to talk ( FA, TA, OA or GA, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.