Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine 'Fire' WN 604

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Engine 'Fire' WN 604

Everybody's fine. Presumed to be a compressor stall.

Passengers Recount Terrifying Ordeal

"If the second engine goes out, we'll be up here all day long.."
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: VX Gold/WN Companion
One of my favorite Ron White bits:

"Huh...Hey man, if one of these engines quits...how far will the other one take us?!?!?...huh????"

..."All the way to the scene of the crash...which is pretty handy cuz that's where we're headed!"
Critterlynn likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by PAX62
One of my favorite Ron White bits:

"Huh...Hey man, if one of these engines quits...how far will the other one take us?!?!?...huh????"

..."All the way to the scene of the crash...which is pretty handy cuz that's where we're headed!"
Ron tater salad white is hilarious. I remember the bit you mentioned.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 3:30 am

Originally Posted by the article
This was the first time she had ever flown on an airplane.
Well that made for an exciting first flight
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Originally Posted by JumboJet
Well that made for an exciting first flight
Now I have an Alanis Morisette song stuck in my head...
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:52 pm

It's not like they were in the middle of the pacific... How long was this "ordeal"? Half an hour?
IMO people are too easily terrified these days... without the extensive selfie coverage nobody would have known about this fire that raged for all of 10 seconds.
Now show me an engine that stays burning and I'll be first in line for some clean underwear!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by pmiranda
It's not like they were in the middle of the pacific... How long was this "ordeal"? Half an hour?
IMO people are too easily terrified these days... without the extensive selfie coverage nobody would have known about this fire that raged for all of 10 seconds.
Now show me an engine that stays burning and I'll be first in line for some clean underwear!
OK...How about you go up in the plane that's on fire, and remain absolutely calm. The first thing people tell you in the event of a fire is to leave the building and get away from the fire. You can't exactly do that in a plane. I'm not sure what your definition of being terrified is, but you're a better man than most of us if flying in a plane that is shooting out flames doesn't phase you.
Carpboy823, Lost and Critterlynn like this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
OK...How about you go up in the plane that's on fire, and remain absolutely calm. The first thing people tell you in the event of a fire is to leave the building and get away from the fire. You can't exactly do that in a plane. I'm not sure what your definition of being terrified is, but you're a better man than most of us if flying in a plane that is shooting out flames doesn't phase you.
I've taken many hundreds of flights and would [redacted] my pants if this happened on my flight!
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by Carpboy823
... [I] would [[have] redacted] my pants ...
Please don't redact your pants inflight, we don't wanna see your willie swinging about

... but on the real, while I chuckle at my seatmates losing it over turbulence and/or go-arounds, even after hundreds of flights if I'd seen "flames coming out the [redacted ] engines" I'd've [redacted] my pants, too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.