Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1 hour international check is strict

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
You are speaking of a meaningless and toothless statute enacted by Congress for which DOT has never issued implementing rules. Nothing to do with OP's situation.
The Act's stipulation "to the maximum extent practicable" is the inherent correlation.

Airlines are free to check/verify customers' docs as late as practicable.

Last edited by LegalTender; Feb 18, 2018 at 8:45 pm
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
I have seen Delta be just as strict about 60 minutes. Once I used my status to get a BP printed at exactly 60 minutes and held by the ticket agent while my just-forgotten passport got run in from the curb by a friend. That and two less-fortunate experiences made me add extra time for intl. flights.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:35 pm

Since you had yet to clear security, the airline did you a huge favor. Getting docs checked at the gate in the same window is a different call. At least that's been my experience. Might need 25 minutes to transit counter-to-gate at ATL or JFK.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Since you had yet to clear security, the airline did you a huge favor. Getting docs checked at the gate in the same window is a different call. At least that's been my experience. Might need 25 minutes to transit counter-to-gate at ATL or JFK.
precheck line was empty I would have made it. Oh well live and learn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.