Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas Centurion Lounge & SW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2018, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Las Vegas Centurion Lounge & SW

Apologies if this has been covered before, but how convenient is it to get to the Amex Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas from the Southwest gates? I have a 2:30pm flight home this weekend and wondering how accessible it is once I've cleared security. Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:13 am

You shouldn't have any issues. There's a previous thread confirming this but I can't link to it.

If say you go through security closer to the SW gates, there's a large door that connects between C gates and the tram to D gates (next to security). Board the tram to D gates and you're fine. Probably less of a hassle if you try clear security around D gates, but a lot of times I found myself accidentally closer to the SW gates security and always walked over to that connector.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by t2846834
You shouldn't have any issues. There's a previous thread confirming this but I can't link to it.

If say you go through security closer to the SW gates, there's a large door that connects between C gates and the tram to D gates (next to security). Board the tram to D gates and you're fine. Probably less of a hassle if you try clear security around D gates, but a lot of times I found myself accidentally closer to the SW gates security and always walked over to that connector.
Great. Thanks for the info!
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Take the D train. Go up the left hand set up escalators to be closer.

Then take the train back and do NOT exit the secure area to return to the Southwest gates.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by chicago747
Apologies if this has been covered before, but how convenient is it to get to the Amex Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas from the Southwest gates? I have a 2:30pm flight home this weekend and wondering how accessible it is once I've cleared security. Thanks for the info!
Are you checking bags? If not you might as well go to terminal 3. Security lines can be a lot shorter depending on the time of day.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by justhere
Are you checking bags? If not you might as well go to terminal 3. Security lines can be a lot shorter depending on the time of day.
Nope, just carryon and mobile boarding passes. Thanks for all the responses! I'm assuming I'll be hungover and broke on the way outta town so hitting the lounge should be a nice end of the trip
cmx and havecameraswilltravel like this.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:58 am
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
It's kind of inconvenient to the Southwest gates and it's a madhouse on Sundays. I wouldn't leave the strip early for it if you're hot at the tables.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
We have done it a couple of times. Actually works well in that my wife is ready to leave hotel early to enjoy the lounge. LOL!

We never play the last day anyways for a few reasons, so no chance of walking about from a "streak".

Main reason not to play on last day is that it screws up your ADT (theo) and resulting offers.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:37 pm

While you can get from the d gates to c gates without reclearing security, WN also uses the A and B gates. I don't think you can get from D to A or B without reclearing security.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 10:56 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
While you can get from the d gates to c gates without reclearing security, WN also uses the A and B gates. I don't think you can get from D to A or B without reclearing security.
You can. IIRC don't take the tram to C, just start walking towards the C gates and you can get to A and B. Not the most convenient thing to do but it's not too bad if you've got time.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW

I think many years ago, the door between those sections was closed. It has been open for a few years, and and we have done it.
Once you clear TSA, you can do A B C D n matter what.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:42 am
Original Poster

So just to report back, getting from C gates to D and vv was very easy. I would say just under 10 minutes from leaving the Centurion lounge to my gate in C. We took a tram from D to C , turned left immediately after the tram, and followed the signs for the other concourses. We ended up taking the moving walkways to our gate. The only issue I could see is if people accidentally leave the secure area after the tram from D. I could see someone not paying attention and walking down towards baggage claim.

The lounge was packed, but drinks and food were good and beat the terminal....which was a zoo! Thanks again for the help.
cmx likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the info... might be doing this soon!
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:59 am

I'm reviving this thread just to confirm this is still possible since I couldn't find a recent thread. Can one get from the Southwest B gates to the lounge in D via the tram without going through security twice?
​​​​​​
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:09 am

Yes you can.
m907 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.