Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Best way to check-in on SW without Early Bird

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

We (spouse and I) have the companion pass and we both need to check-in separately using the app 24 hours on the dot before the flight. I wish the CP worked better since we are flying together but have different confirmation numbers.. Any tips?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:01 pm

The two of you should check in on two separate devices at exactly T-24 if it is all that important to have boarding positions close to each other.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
You could also have 2 separate browser windows/tabs on your device pre-filled with the info.

Tap one at T-24, switch, tap the other about T-24 plus 3 seconds.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:08 pm

The first one to board saves a seat for the other.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:25 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by carraher
The first one to board saves a seat for the other.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the tips! When I know where my seat is, I board last if possible on other airlines.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
You've got Companion Pass, so that shows a commitment to Southwest - if nothing more than transferring a lot of points... You might take some time to think about how Southwest's business and service models work for you. Assigned seats aren't part of the plan. Checking in at exactly T-24 is often cited as a key to satisfaction. Set a reminder in your Google Calendar for T-24:02. Stay in service range.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I know how SW works pretty good now. We are using the pass a lot (6 trips) and we have reminders set now. It is a great deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.