Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Companion Pass - Suggestions for Last Minute Post Christmas Flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver

I am a new Companion Pass holder that received the Chase CC promotion. I only has occasionally flown on WN.

While I am aware the Christmas to New Years dates are the busiest of the year, I am considering flying to a destination with my son for a few dates if I can find a decent price.

I am looking for advice on where I can fly last minute on December 26 - 31. It would be myself and with my son traveling on the companion pass. Looking for 3 - 5 days today during that period from LAX (preferred) or BUR or LGB. I prefer to not travel to SFO/OAK/SJC. Prefer West Coast, Mountain States or Midwest.

Any advise on the dates and where to travel would be appreciated.

Thank you.

David
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:10 am

Try to find someplace not known for its tourism or having a major sporting event. That leaves lot of the country to explore, but what do you have in mind for the two of you to do while you're there? Just sitting around a hotel room and eating at resturants might not be too much fun.

This would be a great use for the recently discontinued low fare finder on Southwest.com. I would also point out that Southwest "Sale Fares" are often not the lowest fares avaliable from Southwest even to destinations on sale.

Good luck.
​​​​
Old Dec 16, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Every time I want to go somewhere but I don't have anything specific in mind I look at sports schedules. Problem is... I checked the Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Ducks, Chargers, and Rams and they're all either at home or have inconvienent schedules for your dates. Maybe pick a random NBA, NHL, or smaller bowl game and go there?
Old Dec 16, 2017, 9:45 am

Might help if you give us an idea of what you'd like to do at your destination and the approximate age of your son.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:21 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by go4bal
I am a new Companion Pass holder that received the Chase CC promotion. I only has occasionally flown on WN.

While I am aware the Christmas to New Years dates are the busiest of the year, I am considering flying to a destination with my son for a few dates if I can find a decent price.

I am looking for advice on where I can fly last minute on December 26 - 31. It would be myself and with my son traveling on the companion pass of a "free trip". Looking for 3 - 5 days today during that period from LAX (preferred) or BUR or LGB. I prefer to not travel to SFO/OAK/SJC. Prefer West Coast, Mountain States or Midwest.

Any advise on the dates and where to travel would be appreciated.

Thank you.

David
Seattle, Portland, Denver, SLC? You are aware that once the sweetness of a 2 for 1 cheaper ticket wears off, you still have many other costs. Good news is that hotels should be reasonable until NYE. Give us more input!

Last edited by joshua362; Dec 16, 2017 at 12:18 pm
Old Dec 16, 2017, 12:09 pm

Also, keep in mind that flights back to the LA area airports are pretty pricey given that folks will be flying in for the Rose Bowl Game. You might want to skip this trip until after 1/1.
go4bal likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.