Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Will new elite standby policy reduce everyone's odds of clearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will new elite standby policy reduce everyone's odds of clearing?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:19 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by envgeo
Does anyone know the prioritization of the standby list? I am a list preferred on a full fare ticket and moved from 3 to 5 whilst waiting on boarding to finish
People displaced from canceled /delayed flights have priority over you, as do some a-list preferreds according to some super-secret formula.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
People displaced from canceled /delayed flights have priority over you, as do some a-list preferreds according to some super-secret formula.
There also seems to be some equally secret set of situations where agents are willing/able to confirm you directly onto the earlier flight, even with low status, if you request it early enough. We recently attempted to standby for LAX-SLC (3:20p departure, I think) at about noon. We'd planned on standing by regardless, but as luck would have it our original flight showed delayed about 15 minutes from 8p. My companion and I were given C-30s BPs immediately - I did not look a gift horse in the mouth and didn't inquire whether it was because of the delay, my (challenge earned) A-List status, or the sheer kindness of the ticketing agent. The flight was full by the time we departed, some standbys were turned away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.