Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest testing CP’s boarding together

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2020, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by NoStressHere
To put the datapoint in better perspective.

Did either of you buy Early Boarding? Or just normal checkin - and when?
no EBCI and at t-24 hours.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 12:53 pm

I added EBCI to my holiday travel companion tickets after hearing WN was going to fill up the planes. Husband is A list and I'm the companion. Now I wonder if we will be assigned together or will EBCI mess that up?
Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:11 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Did either of you buy Early Boarding? Or just normal checkin - and when?
No EBCI for either of us. I checked both of us in about 8 hours before our flight, which flew with no empty seats. I'm A-List, my wife has no elite status.
Old Dec 6, 2020, 6:47 pm

Interesting that they haven't announced anything yet, but perhaps they're still making sure all the bugs are worked out. At any rate, this certainly sounds like the promised update. Hopefully an announcement is coming soon (and hopefully it won't be paired with a customer-negative one, as WN is often wont to do).
steved5480 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 1:43 pm

I don't suppose anyone had had the opportunity to try this when the free companion is the one with A-List status? I just realized that is likely to be our situation next year...
Old Dec 9, 2020, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by synergistic
I don't suppose anyone had had the opportunity to try this when the free companion is the one with A-List status? I just realized that is likely to be our situation next year...
I am doing exactly that next week. Will let you know.

Wife is the freeloader, but she has A-list.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
That was my situation. I am A-List but my wife is the CP holder and I'm her companion. As mentioned, we were still together with our boarding.
synergistic likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 8:53 pm

That is really excellent news - thank you so much! I hope you see the same, NoStressHere!
Old Dec 10, 2020, 4:04 pm

Just got A-19 & A-20 for me (AL+) and wife (no status), no EBCI, flight booked 2 days ago
Attached Images  
Old Dec 13, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
We have a flight on Monday. I am the paid person. My wife is free (cp) and she is A-list. She got A27 and I got a28

So... looks like it is happening.

We have lots of those "free" a1-a15 things and not using the, so will probably buy one of those anyways.

P.S. No Early Checkin purchased
synergistic likes this.

Last edited by NoStressHere; Dec 13, 2020 at 1:25 pm
Old Dec 13, 2020, 11:35 am

Another data point here. just checked in T-24 (for companion) BUF-DEN me A-19 (A-list) companion/wife (non A-list) A-20. Then Den-LAS me A-27 and companion A-28.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 2:25 pm

My understanding is that something official should be announced mid-January-ish.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: WN CP, HHonors, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Premier,LaQuinta Elite, Amtrak
All the excitement is for the A-list CP... good as far as it goes, but boarding CP with primary traveler would be good policy anyway, rather than just promoted as another perk for A-listers. I'm not A-list anymore but in the pre-covid travel period still usually saved a seat for my CP wife, unless we had a tight connection in which case we both took first available middle seats at front of plane. Now in the covid world, and especially the no empty middle seat policy, we won't be traveling SWA until we get the vaccine, but then we will be back to saving seats. It would be less hassle for all concerned to let CP board with the primary traveler, regardless of the status of the primary traveler.
Old Dec 17, 2020, 3:49 pm

I assume it's together boarding positions regardless of status
Old Dec 17, 2020, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two flights this week. I am paid, wife is free (CP), but she is A-list. She got the seat just before me both times. No early checkin.

2nd flight was cancelled about 8 hours before flight time. She slid from A28 to B4. I slid from from A29 to B40. Guessing the range was the extra time to add companion? Did not matter, we used two more of our A1-A15 passes and got LUV seats.
synergistic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.