Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Local News: Southwest considering service to Fresno (FAT)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Local News: Southwest considering service to Fresno (FAT)?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by flyfresno
LAS is the second highest O&D market from Fresno, after GDL.
And with only redeyes to Guadalajara.

Es increíble!

Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:35 am

Also, apologies for the formatting errors above: I typed this in notepad since the mobile site is awful, and it screwed up a lot of punctuation/spaces/returns. Also, it wouldn’t let me post the link I wanted to.Grrr...
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by flyfresno

MDW: Perhaps a surprise, but the #10 O&D destination from FAT. If UA does well to ORD, you might see this. Lots of connections to Midwest and NE cities not served from LAS and PHX. Very unlikely initially.
I'll be on that plane if it ever happens! Fresno is one of my California destinations but thus far I have been flying to SJC. Fortunately I enjoy the drive but other's experiences may vary.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:23 pm

In 2017, Fresno's O&D grew by 4.3% over 2016. The airport set a new passenger record of 1,537,876 O&D passengers.

Since 2010 FAT passenger counts have grown by 28.5% compared to 18% growth nationwide.
Originally Posted by LegalTender
And with only redeyes to Guadalajara.
Es increíble!
In 2017 there were just under 209,000 O&D passengers on nonstop FAT-GDL flights. They represented about 14% of all FAT O&D in 2017.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
As long as we're speculating, I agree that LAS and PHX would be the core of a WN move into FAT. There's reasonable O&D demand on those routes already, and those airports tie in well to WN's route network. I.e., they connect well to points farther east, which I believe are the under-served market opportunity for WN to seize. Ditto for DEN and MDW. FAT-SFO/LAX routes don't add a lot for WN like they do for the legacy carriers that have hubs there.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
What about FAT-DAL? AA operates two 737-800s FAT-DFW each day.

I don't know what AA's loads are like on that route, but I know they've operated mainline aircraft (previously MD-80s) on that route for a long time.

I could see a route to LAS for western US connections and DAL for eastern US connections.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.