Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special Loyalty Activities and Gifts

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Thumbs up Special Loyalty Activities and Gifts

A quick heads up for the frequent Southwest business flyers out there, Southwest appears to be reaching out to top flyers for special events and other gifts.

In the last month, I was invited to a Meet & Greet with Mike Napoli of the Texas Rangers (as well as invited to a game in the Southwest Airlines suite at Globe Life Ballpark). In a separate call, I was also given a Hertz Platinum for a year for free.

For those flying a lot of business travel, if you get a random call from a 214-792-XXXX number, answer the phone - you might be in for a treat.

It is nice to see some special attention given the amount of time some of us spend in the air (especially since I haven't received a 2x point promotion in FOREVER).
Old Aug 6, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: Companion SWA, Plat Marriott, Diamond Hilton
This is good to read! One question, are you flying business select? Seriously, I've been flying to 2-3 cities per week and haven't seen a promo in some time.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
Originally Posted by chrismik
This is good to read! One question, are you flying business select? Seriously, I've been flying to 2-3 cities per week and haven't seen a promo in some time.
I am about 50/50 between business select and anytime fares. The last time I was targeted for a domestic flight promotion for 2X points was way back in early 2015. I was targeted for a international flight promotion for 2X in early 2016, but it was essentially worthless for my paid travel schedule.

Love the random perks, but a 2X promotion would be great right about now (or anytime really).
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: WN RR A-List Preferred & CP, Alaska Air MVP Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres. Circle
Thanks for the info.

I have been flying 2-4 times per week with SWA since 2010, so perhaps I will be getting a call soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.