Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

How to determine usual load on a Southwest flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: -- DL DM, MR Lifetime TE, HH Diamond, National Something???

I am starting to begin some work in PHX and looking at the MSY-PHX direct RT flights, but not sure I want to take the flight if these fly at full capacity. Is there a way to determine if this flight is normally at 100% or usually goes off at 75% or below? TIA
Old Jun 16, 2017, 10:30 am

I find that flights to and from MSY vary quite a bit depending on what is happening in New Orleans. Conventions, football games and Festivals all happen frequently and can cause an unexpected change from what is "normal". People are often not aware of large conventions that are in town, 25,000 orthodontists can make a pretty big impact and no knows when they are there except maybe some on the hospitality industry. That said I don't have a lot of experience with PHX
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:09 am

One can generally Google the convention calendar for a city; for New Orleans I found http://www.neworleanscvb.com/meeting...tion-calendar/
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
These days 100% seems to be the norm regardless. What's your alternative if not, 2 full connecting legs?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards
connection?

Originally Posted by joshua362
These days 100% seems to be the norm regardless. What's your alternative if not, 2 full connecting legs?
Connecting in DFW or IAH to get you to PHX?
Old Jun 18, 2017, 9:29 pm

As everyone said, I guarantee a leg like that is always going to be close to 100% LF. In general, the only open flights are the early morning or late night flights between high frequency city pairs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.