Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Amazon and Home Depot Gift Cards with RR Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN

Recently, when I was browsing the list of gift cards available that can be obtained using RR points, I noticed that Amazon and Home Depot were not options. Have Amazon and Home Depot gift cards ever been available to redeem for using RR points and if not, what is the probability of them becoming available in the future?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vitaforce
Recently, when I was browsing the list of gift cards available that can be obtained using RR points, I noticed that Amazon and Home Depot were not options. Have Amazon and Home Depot gift cards ever been available to redeem for using RR points and if not, what is the probability of them becoming available in the future?
Amazon for sure used to be. Have not checked lately.

But you had to be a WN Visa credit card holder.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:41 pm

There was a redemption issue with the Amazon cards and they were pulled. Unclear if they'll be back.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 1:05 am
Original Poster

It looks like Amazon gift cards are available again. Are the gift cards available for redemption physical gift cards vs e-gift cards? If physical gift cards, do most have a scratch off pin cover label? I am concerned if they don't, then there is more of a risk for the card number to be compromised before receipt. I realize that redeeming RR points for flights is the best use of points financially, but what gift card options do you all think are a good use of RR points?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Reading this freaked me out as I always redeem for Amazon cards as part of my card redemptions. I just looked and both the $50.00 and $25.00 cards are there. Phew!

I had a short gap earlier this year where I didn't redeem, but I've always seen Amazon cards there and received them without issue. I just received some last week.

Hope that one doesn't come and go....
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:31 am

They've been available again for the past several months.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Home Depot seems to be replaced by Lowes. In most instances of all GC of $50 or more gets the $.01 "floor" instead of the $25 versions.

Last edited by joshua362; Dec 4, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wingrider
Reading this freaked me out as I always redeem for Amazon cards as part of my card redemptions. I just looked and both the $50.00 and $25.00 cards are there. Phew!

I had a short gap earlier this year where I didn't redeem, but I've always seen Amazon cards there and received them without issue. I just received some last week.

Hope that one doesn't come and go....

Did your Amazon gift cards come with the code exposed on the back? I read about people having problems with Amazon gift cards from RR redemptions (finding out they had already been used).

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...p/54804/page/3

https://www.southwestaircommunity.co...-are/m-p/56672

Which gift cards available with RR redemption have the best security features and are the most problem free?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Wow, that is an eye opener although it sounds like its been corrected. I wonder if they are mailed out by Amazon or WN's fulfillment house. I suspect an inside employee scam at the latter.

Re: I ordered 8 amazon gift card and now amazon saying they are already used

‎09-19-2017 12:53 PM
TOURISTUPDATE: Amazon stepped up and made it right. Hats off to Amazon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.