Community
Wiki Posts
Search

searching for non-stops?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:31 am
Original Poster

searching for non-stops?

I hate the fact southwest has a billion stops, and you can also not search them on itamatrix or other sites. But anybody found a way to do non-stops? Sometimes I want to compare them versus other carriers but only if they offer a non-stop. But there is no list of their non-stops, as far as I know, and it is annoying to search by every city (typing in LAX then changing to BUR etc) and then manually looking through the flights to see if there is a non-stop.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: HH Silver
There are a few ways. There is a button on their website that you can click on that will show only non stop flights. There is also a route map where you can put a check mark in the non stop box.

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can use Google Flights to show non-stop destinations from an airport on a map by selecting the non-stop option and Southwest as the carrier. It will also show the flights and times, just not the actual prices.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;a=WN;s=0;mc=m
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatterdema
There are a few ways. There is a button on their website that you can click on that will show only non stop flights. There is also a route map where you can put a check mark in the non stop box.

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html
Cool, thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2017, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
You can use Google Flights to show non-stop destinations from an airport on a map by selecting the non-stop option and Southwest as the carrier. It will also show the flights and times, just not the actual prices.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;a=WN;s=0;mc=m
Google flights doesn't actually show all their flights though? On southwest's website it shows me 10, and google shows me 5?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Google flights doesn't actually show all their flights though? On southwest's website it shows me 10, and google shows me 5?
I believe if you are only looking for non-stop flights it is accurate. Showing all possible options seems to result in inconsistencies between what Southwest shows. Do you have a specific example?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 11:27 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Unless you check off the only nonstop and direct boxes, WN will show all the possibilities by default including outrageous routings and connect times - as perfectly normal. I used to routinely and stupidly used to fly MCI-MCO-ISP because they took away ISP-MDW service.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
I believe if you are only looking for non-stop flights it is accurate. Showing all possible options seems to result in inconsistencies between what Southwest shows. Do you have a specific example?
There are no non-stops. MSP LAX
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:58 pm

I wish the search engine would default to nonstop-only a little more often. OAK-PDX has six nonstops a day but still shows all sorts of connections in SoCal that no one in their right mind would ever take. There's no logical connection between OAK and PDX so I don't know why it offers them.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There are no non-stops. MSP LAX
I guess I am missing your point. Google Flights does not show any non-stop's for WN on MSP-LAX.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;tt=o;a=WN;s=0
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
I guess I am missing your point. Google Flights does not show any non-stop's for WN on MSP-LAX.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;tt=o;a=WN;s=0
Google flights does not show all southwest flights, period (as it is not accurate).
But I guess you are saying it will show all non-stops?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Google flights does not show all southwest flights, period (as it is not accurate).
But I guess you are saying it will show all non-stops?
Yes, that was what I was saying. For non-stop flights, I have yet to see any routes where is does not match WN's schedule. When it comes connecting options, there is clearly some sort of disconnect between what WN actually offers for sale and what Google is showing.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LBJ
Yes, that was what I was saying. For non-stop flights, I have yet to see any routes where is does not match WN's schedule. When it comes connecting options, there is clearly some sort of disconnect between what WN actually offers for sale and what Google is showing.
Hmm, yea, I do see that now. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.