searching for non-stops?

Reply

Old Apr 16, 17, 2:31 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
searching for non-stops?

I hate the fact southwest has a billion stops, and you can also not search them on itamatrix or other sites. But anybody found a way to do non-stops? Sometimes I want to compare them versus other carriers but only if they offer a non-stop. But there is no list of their non-stops, as far as I know, and it is annoying to search by every city (typing in LAX then changing to BUR etc) and then manually looking through the flights to see if there is a non-stop.
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 3:10 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SEA
Programs: HH Silver
Posts: 2,224
There are a few ways. There is a button on their website that you can click on that will show only non stop flights. There is also a route map where you can put a check mark in the non stop box.

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html
tatterdema is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 5:50 am
  #3  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,286
You can use Google Flights to show non-stop destinations from an airport on a map by selecting the non-stop option and Southwest as the carrier. It will also show the flights and times, just not the actual prices.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;a=WN;s=0;mc=m
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 6:47 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
Originally Posted by tatterdema View Post
There are a few ways. There is a button on their website that you can click on that will show only non stop flights. There is also a route map where you can put a check mark in the non stop box.

https://www.southwest.com/flight/routemap_dyn.html
Cool, thanks!
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 6:48 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
You can use Google Flights to show non-stop destinations from an airport on a map by selecting the non-stop option and Southwest as the carrier. It will also show the flights and times, just not the actual prices.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;a=WN;s=0;mc=m
Google flights doesn't actually show all their flights though? On southwest's website it shows me 10, and google shows me 5?
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 10:35 am
  #6  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,286
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Google flights doesn't actually show all their flights though? On southwest's website it shows me 10, and google shows me 5?
I believe if you are only looking for non-stop flights it is accurate. Showing all possible options seems to result in inconsistencies between what Southwest shows. Do you have a specific example?
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 11:27 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Programs: LTP, PP
Posts: 7,647
Unless you check off the only nonstop and direct boxes, WN will show all the possibilities by default including outrageous routings and connect times - as perfectly normal. I used to routinely and stupidly used to fly MCI-MCO-ISP because they took away ISP-MDW service.
joshua362 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 12:54 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I believe if you are only looking for non-stop flights it is accurate. Showing all possible options seems to result in inconsistencies between what Southwest shows. Do you have a specific example?
There are no non-stops. MSP LAX
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 2:58 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,310
I wish the search engine would default to nonstop-only a little more often. OAK-PDX has six nonstops a day but still shows all sorts of connections in SoCal that no one in their right mind would ever take. There's no logical connection between OAK and PDX so I don't know why it offers them.
ucdtim17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 7:50 pm
  #10  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,286
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
There are no non-stops. MSP LAX
I guess I am missing your point. Google Flights does not show any non-stop's for WN on MSP-LAX.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;tt=o;a=WN;s=0
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 7:56 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I guess I am missing your point. Google Flights does not show any non-stop's for WN on MSP-LAX.

https://www.google.com/flights/#sear...;tt=o;a=WN;s=0
Google flights does not show all southwest flights, period (as it is not accurate).
But I guess you are saying it will show all non-stops?
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 10:30 pm
  #12  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,286
Originally Posted by s0ssos View Post
Google flights does not show all southwest flights, period (as it is not accurate).
But I guess you are saying it will show all non-stops?
Yes, that was what I was saying. For non-stop flights, I have yet to see any routes where is does not match WN's schedule. When it comes connecting options, there is clearly some sort of disconnect between what WN actually offers for sale and what Google is showing.
LBJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 17, 10:53 pm
  #13  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,235
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Yes, that was what I was saying. For non-stop flights, I have yet to see any routes where is does not match WN's schedule. When it comes connecting options, there is clearly some sort of disconnect between what WN actually offers for sale and what Google is showing.
Hmm, yea, I do see that now. Thanks.
s0ssos is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread