Search

A-List Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I have none booked and got it.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by 4pauls
I did not get either a-list challenge and I asked southwest and they said too bad for you. Maybe because I already have theee trips booked. Any suggestions?
Did you have it in previous years but not this year? That seems to be the common theme in this theead
Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I didn't have it in previous years. I started flying frequently last september, 3-4 flights per month.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Did you have it in previous years but not this year? That seems to be the common theme in this theead
I had it last year but actually have more than three trips booked already so I would make it this year..,
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dmbolp
was A++ and CP last three years, dirt this year. So yeah that could be it

reminds me I need to update my FT profile
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:25 pm

Programs: RR & Emerald Club
I just made A list the old fashioned way...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: Southwest Airlines
Damn, so there are two separate promotions? Last year, I received the one that gave me instant A-List status and needing to complete certain requirements to keep it through the end of 2016 which I did.

This year I have the complete these requirements, then we'll give you A-List to keep to the end of the year. I'd rather have the promotion from last year. But, yeah, I'm up to the challenge.

I did have to rebook a trip from ALB to SAT for Easter Weekend that I had just booked a week ago to qualify under the promotion. Thankfully all the prices were the same.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: WN Companion Pass, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TXVP
I just made A list the old fashioned way...
Me too, as of last Friday. 2 months to get A-List for next year means I am on the road waaaaay too much.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

I was planning to take advantage of this but it's looking like it's not going to work out. Fortunately Southwest has the narrowest gap between flying as a non-elite vs elite. Flying as a regular schmuck is pretty tolerable as long as you set alarms to check in at T-24 (or pony up for early bird). I know first class isn't coming, but free same day change (confirmed, not standby) would be one thing they could easily offer that would make A-List a little more valuable.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:31 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by kravi
Me too, as of last Friday. 2 months to get A-List for next year means I am on the road waaaaay too much.
On WGA fares, yes, it takes a lot of flying to reach A-list. But if you buy AT or BS fares e.g. because you have to make plans less than a week out, 35k TQP takes only a few round trips.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:12 am
dc2

Programs: Marriott: LTP
I just met the requirements for this offer yesterday. I have 9 upcoming OW reservations. Last night I checked and A-list was reflected on the last 7 reservations. The first 2 ( on 5/5 and 5/7) did not-and those 2 still had a link to purchase early bird.

This morning I checked again (before making a call to customer service) and all 9 reservations had A-List on them! I'm very happy it didn't have to be done manually.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:31 am

I know someone who received the "instant" A-List promo, which offered immediate A-List through April 30 and continued status for balance of 2017, if meeting the stated requirements. They did not meet the requirements, but account is still flagged as "A-List" today, May 1.

Is anyone else in the same situation?
Old May 1, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
I think I earned A list through the end of the year, but my account on Southwest.com still shows Earned Through 4/29/17
Old May 1, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Make a AT booking for 2 days out and see what the BP says...
Old May 1, 2017, 6:39 pm

I am flying to MDW on Thursday, I will know at that time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.