Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled connecting flight while enroute.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2017, 11:11 am

I have never experienced this on WN, but I have had it happen MANY times on other carriers. And I have never had a carrier tell me I could not have a seat on the next available flight because it would not be available at the fare (or fare basis) that I initially purchased. That seems very odd.

I recently had a particularly good experience with DL in a similar situation. The DL agent gave me a wide choice of flights -- anything I wanted to get home -- and took the time, at the airport, to make sure I saw all of the possible options so that I picked the one that worked best for me, including flying into a different airport in my home city.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: none
Originally Posted by Ponyboy
Yes, they offered standby. But the flight was completely sold out by the time I landed, so I wasn't guaranteed a standby seat. Why should I have to risk standby if I was able to get a reserved seat?
Well, that's why it's called "standby".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.