Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

We give advice to new companion pass holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

We give advice to new companion pass holders

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:07 pm

Definitely. Unless you won't know if you're going until the morning of, your chances of being able to add her are very, very high. Just buy your ticket and hold off on adding her as your companion.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by jd991
If I buy tickets for the flight and add her as my companion will they check and see that she already has paid seats on the flight and cancel either the companion ticket or the original ticket?
FWIW, my current companion already had a paid reservation for a flight I subsequently added them on as companion, and that paid reservation was cancelled automatically by WN.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:32 pm

Transfer PNR to companion for solo trip?

If the primary has a flight + companion booked, but for whatever reason the primary can't make the trip, can WN transfer the PNR to the companion so they can fly alone (w/o a price increase)?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
If the primary has a flight + companion booked, but for whatever reason the primary can't make the trip, can WN transfer the PNR to the companion so they can fly alone (w/o a price increase)?
Without a price increase from...zero?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Without a price increase from zero?
... the difference from WGA to AT (at the very least, up to an outright AT purchase).
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:49 pm

No. Tickets are non-transferrable.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 2:53 pm

Cool, good to know. I'll just book for both then cancel+CP when plans solidify.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Member

How many times can one change the companion on a new CP pass? Do you get to set the initial companion and then 3 changes? Or set the original person and two changes? Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by sggolf
How many times can one change the companion on a new CP pass? Do you get to set the initial companion and then 3 changes? Or set the original person and two changes? Thanks in advance!
1. 3
2. Yes
3. No
Old Mar 9, 2020, 12:19 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Dredging up this thread again- also to avoid creating a new one and to add to this repository for Companion Pass ( CP ) resources. I did do a reasonable search of the forum but didn't see my use case problem.

I'm a Companion Pass holder and have my wife as CP (using both terms to help search bait). I have a flight 4th of July weekend that I have just booked as a pair of 1 ways w/ points and will be flying with just my Brother In Law. I was thinking of changing my CP to his name for July, but concerned I may have other flights between now and then that my wife would travel w/me. What's the cleanest / efficient way to wrangle CP for both situations?
* Book the July trip as Wife as CP now/soon then change the name CP closer to? Can I even do that?
* Change the CP now to Brother In Law Book the flight , then wait and see if I need to change it back to Wife before that?
* Are there other options to consider?

PS. He rarely flies and I think he has a RR # I put on him for a past referral bonus, but I will probably need to manage his booking- so I don't know if as a CP I need to stick his RR in the booking.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:15 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Book with points. Do not change the CP name until you are sure that name will be needed. Otherwise you waste 2 of your 3 changes per year. Keep in mind that CP name changes can be made (by phone) M-F during business hours only as far as I know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.