Wiki Posts
Search

Diver858 OUT (drop microphone)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Diver858 OUT (drop microphone)

Now that AS is taking on WN intra-California, acquired VX, I now have alternatives to WN for ALL of my business travel, only have to deal with WN for the occasional leisure trip to LAS --> no more A-List.

Gone are the days having to line up like kindergartners going to the rest room to board a flight. With elite status on both AA and AS, I am able to pre-reserve an exit row seat, board early, enjoy the occasional first class upgrade, free same-day standbys and checked bags.

Can't say I will miss the occasional banter with low-information WN Kool-aid drinkers, wish you all the best in the future.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sounds like you'll be happy with your new airlines. Good for you. Not sure why you felt the need to announce it.

Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Not sure why you felt the need to announce it.
+1. Odd for sure. The unnecessary snark at the end of the post was quiet classy, though.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Absolutely no one cares.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by diver858
...with low-information WN Kool-aid drinkers...
Well don't you sound like a joy.

If you act like you sound when you travel, I'm sure we'll all be better off without you.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: US CP, SPG Gold
We'll miss you at the Christmas party
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:55 pm

Programs: Globallist
Originally Posted by smmrfld
+1. Odd for sure. The unnecessary snark at the end of the post was quiet classy, though.
cause people suck
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:21 pm

Now that AS is taking on WN intra-California, acquired VX, I now have alternatives to WN for ALL of my business travel, only have to deal with WN for the occasional leisure trip to LAS --> no more A-List.

Gone are the days having to line up like kindergartners going to the rest room to board a flight. With elite status on both AA and AS, I am able to pre-reserve an exit row seat, board early, enjoy the occasional first class upgrade, free same-day standbys and checked bags.

Can't say I will miss the occasional banter with low-information WN Kool-aid drinkers, wish you all the best in the future.
Well, aren't you special. Buh-bye!

Last edited by NextTrip; Dec 23, 2016 at 4:34 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

You know, we are adults here, and lots of us have been studying this stuff since the 80s. We can do the calculations in our heads.

Quite sure some of us are much MUCH smarter than you, and can perfectly well figure out what is in our best interest.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:02 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I might have used this (funny) title similarly if I was checking off the planet to say goodbye to the peeps here but this is just mean...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:46 pm

Not sure what's more sad, the desperate plea for attention by posting this thread, or the transparent insecurity displayed by an attempt at a insult on the way out the door.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:59 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Truth be told this is probably somebody who got denied for a Southwest card.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Maybe but I recall his/her user ID as a contributor & didn't recall a such a 'tude. Perhaps I am wrong...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by Critterlynn
Truth be told this is probably somebody who got denied for a Southwest card.
Umm, no. You would be well-served by searching the site before making such an inaccurate guess.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass
Originally Posted by smmrfld
Umm, no. You would be well-served by searching the site before making such an inaccurate guess.
I really don't care. It does not change the fact that he/she came off as a jerk. Besides I was just trying to provoke a response from the OP since I know he/she is still monitoring this thread despite the fact they said they were done.

Last edited by Critterlynn; Dec 23, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.