Search

Promo: Double Points for January Flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Promo: Double Points for January Flights

Just popped up in my promotions. Good for -newly booked- flights for January:

Only the Rapid RewardsŪ Member who received this offer from Southwest AirlinesŪ is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. If Member (a) registers for this promotion between December 14, 2016 and January 29, 2017, and (b) after registration, books a new reservation through Southwest Airlines for travel between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2017, and completes a qualifying round trip flight or two qualifying one-way trips between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2017 then Member will receive double points on subsequent new reservations booked through Southwest Airlines and completed between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2017. A qualifying one-way flight for Rapid Rewards is a one-way revenue flight booked through Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for Rapid Rewards is a round trip revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business SelectŪ fares, ten bonus points on Anytime fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get AwayŪ fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Group Travel, Charter Flights, Southwest VacationsŪ packages and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to this itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Unlike other recent promotions, I actually received this promotion too.

However, it seems to require at least 3 one-way flights to start getting any bonus: "completes a qualifying round trip flight or two qualifying one-way trips between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2017 then Member will receive double points on subsequent new reservations booked through Southwest Airlines and completed between January 1, 2017 and January 29, 2017"
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:55 am

I was about to congratulate WN on making it very clear in the disclosure that you have to rebook in order to qualify (yay transparency) when I noticed that the email subject ("Earn 2X points on flights through January 29") and headline don't tell the full story (as FindAWay mentioned above). At least it's in the subhead, and not just the disclosure.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards
Can we go about and ask that we get double miles to our already booked flights?

How would we do that?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:59 am

Read the disclosure.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:01 pm

I can read, I was wondering if there was a work around, something akin to a loyalty issuance of points for those who book well in advance for their January travel.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:05 pm

You can ask WN, but you'll likely be quoted the disclosure.

The "work around" would be to cancel and rebook your flights. But of course that means you'd need to pay the new fare.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 12:16 pm

exactly... Which looking at it is around 100 bucks total per flight... certainly not worth it.

Guess ill go for the request route.... cant hurt to ask.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP
And you could lose EB too by cancelling. Good luck with the request and be sure to let us know the outcome.

Count me in as receiving this promo. To Do List = Book a cheap mileage run early in the month followed by all other travel.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
My girlfriend who's my companion got this msg:

We are unable to register you for this promotion. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Service Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW900001-R3whTnBQT5y9PdAZCzXQ4w)
Old Dec 14, 2016, 3:44 pm

Asking is a waste of time.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:15 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
No promo for me.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
My girlfriend who's my companion got this msg:

We are unable to register you for this promotion. Please contact a Southwest Airlines Customer Service Representative for assistance at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792). (SW900001-R3whTnBQT5y9PdAZCzXQ4w)
Did she get the promotion? If not she's not eligible.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I got the email. Last paid WN segment was in September. I seem to get targeted for these promotions which are largely useless because I generally only fly paid flights a couple sporadic times a year, generally HOU-DAL, or I'm redeeming miles. I almost never fly paid WN for personal travel.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:13 pm

My wife got the promotion, 6-8 flights a month.
I didn't, 2-4 flights a month.

It doesn't really seem worth it to rebook her flights to get double points on 4 or 5 flights after paying more for the ones already booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.