Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Credit Card - 24 Month Rule Question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2016, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
Chase Credit Card - 24 Month Rule Question

I searched this forum and many posts and there seems to be conflicting information on how the 24 month wait period for earning the 50K bonus is derived; either 24 months from when the 50K bonus posts vs. 24 months from when the card application was submitted.

Is there any confirmation out there to suggest when the clock actually starts?

thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:13 am

It is 24 months from when the Bonus is posted to your account.

Chase has a different rule called the 5/24 rule. They will not approve a new card for anyone who has obtained 5 new cards within the last 24 months. That is based on the issue date of the card.

This means that if you want to get a CP by getting 2 Southwest cards every two years it will be 25 months and probably longer between when you can earn the new CP.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT; DL Gold MDL
As a follow-up to my OP, I can confirm the 50K bonus is not based off when the prior bonus posted, it's based on when you APPLY for the card. I applied today and was denied. Called and was told rejected due to having received the bonus < 24 months, which is true since the 50K posted 1/11/15. I figured I was good since I wouldn't meet spend requirement until after that date...Guess not.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ctmike
As a follow-up to my OP, I can confirm the 50K bonus is not based off when the prior bonus posted, it's based on when you APPLY for the card. I applied today and was denied. Called and was told rejected due to having received the bonus < 24 months, which is true since the 50K posted 1/11/15. I figured I was good since I wouldn't meet spend requirement until after that date...Guess not.
I'm guessing you are going to apply again on or after 1/12/2017.

Let us know what date you apply ( and are approved) as some like to cut it close ( one day) and others like me like to give it a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.