Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN has my TT number but my boarding pass doesn't have PRE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WN has my TT number but my boarding pass doesn't have PRE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 6:58 pm

Having just been through this exact thing recently (paid pre-check), the definitive answer for me has been to call WN every time after booking a flight to ensure they add it to the reservation. It's not automated like every other airline. Has to be done manually for each flight, even when the number is stored in your online profile.

My name matches - not a name problem. I tried to do it online, doesn't work. I sent an email to customer support to do it; got a response claiming it had been added, but checked in and it didn't show up on my BP.

To date, I have gotten multiple different answers both online and on multiple customer service phonecalls, but the only person who actually got it to work was the one who gave me the answer above - call WN each time before your flight to have it manually added, and make sure you have the number on hand with you when you call so you can recite it to them (do not expect them to simply look at your profile and add it...made that mistake already).

Adding my number to my online profile works on literally every other US airline, and even on AC, but not on WN. Bottom line: it's not your fault, it's bad IT at the airline.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Originally Posted by ssk1127
Having just been through this exact thing recently (paid pre-check), the definitive answer for me has been to call WN every time after booking a flight to ensure they add it to the reservation. It's not automated like every other airline. Has to be done manually for each flight, even when the number is stored in your online profile.

My name matches - not a name problem. I tried to do it online, doesn't work. I sent an email to customer support to do it; got a response claiming it had been added, but checked in and it didn't show up on my BP.

To date, I have gotten multiple different answers both online and on multiple customer service phonecalls, but the only person who actually got it to work was the one who gave me the answer above - call WN each time before your flight to have it manually added, and make sure you have the number on hand with you when you call so you can recite it to them (do not expect them to simply look at your profile and add it...made that mistake already).

Adding my number to my online profile works on literally every other US airline, and even on AC, but not on WN. Bottom line: it's not your fault, it's bad IT at the airline.
I'm not blaming you, but don't say it's not automated. It's worked for me literally hundreds of times and works for thousands of others each day once all the correct names are in place--all without calling in.

Like I said in a prior post on this thread, you must check more than one "match." Your name must be exactly the same in THREE places: 1) with DHS 2) in your RR profile 3) the ticketed name. I'm only reiterating what I said earlier because multiple coworkers had the same issue, and it was only resolved once they called RR Service Center and had their names on their RR accounts changed to match.

Last edited by palmetto86; Sep 25, 2016 at 7:18 pm
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:28 pm

My name wasn't an exact match the first time, fixed that, has worked every single time automatically for 100+ flights since
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Every flight since getting pre several years ago has been pre-check for me. The claim that it is not automated and you must call every time is not true for many people.

I would think that if there was a systemic problem, it would become apparent on FT, such as the problem with international pre-check.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by lougord99
Every flight since getting pre several years ago has been pre-check for me. The claim that it is not automated and you must call every time is not true for many people.

I would think that if there was a systemic problem, it would become apparent on FT, such as the problem with international pre-check.
My name matches exactly, and the WN agent told me directly that I would have to call every time to get the number added.

I did inadvertently miss one detail - I book my travel through a corporate travel website. You're correct, may be a different experience for those who book directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.