Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stupid Question: How Does EBCI work?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2016, 2:30 pm

I wish there was a way LUV could offer exit row seats minutes before boarding on the App if they have fewer than that in BS and A List and charge more than EBCI, Say $20 per one way. Or another way if possible, the 6 seats on the first row or the exit row seats, all are extra length.

Not sure the reason someone would under 6 feet (75-80% of travelers) is dead set against rolling the dice and checking in T-24 to avoid a middle seat, especially on short haul flights, seems as though you wouldn't be on LUV to begin with if cost cutting wasn't a priority. I've never done EBCI, 6'4:, 198 lbs, and would love to purchase an exit row on east coast to Vegas flight I take once a year, but there is simply no way to do so and check in T-24 I've never not gotten an aisle seat in 4 rounders, 8 total flights and check in's. 5 of my 8 flights were sold out because LUV only goes direct once a day from my city and still got aisle T-24. Southwest rakes on EBCI, more power to them, just wish I could buy an exit row seat with WGA fare.

Last edited by DeltaNeutral28; Sep 19, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
I wish there was a way LUV could offer exit row seats minutes before boarding on the App if they have fewer than that in BS and A List and charge more than EBCI, Say $20 per one way. Or another way if possible, the 6 seats on the first row or the exit row seats, all are extra length.

Not sure the reason someone would under 6 feet (75-80% of travelers) is dead set against rolling the dice and checking in T-24 to avoid a middle seat, especially on short haul flights, seems as though you wouldn't be on LUV to begin with if cost cutting wasn't a priority. I've never done EBCI, 6'4:, 198 lbs, and would love to purchase an exit row on east coast to Vegas flight I take once a year, but there is simply no way to do so and check in T-24 I've never not gotten an aisle seat in 4 rounders, 8 total flights and check in's. 5 of my 8 flights were sold out because LUV only goes direct once a day from my city and still got aisle T-24. Southwest rakes on EBCI, more power to them, just wish I could buy an exit row seat with WGA fare.
I fly WN intra-California because I won't fly on express jets and, from SNA, that's all there is (except WN). I'm under 6 feet and I still like extra legroom. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I prefer window to aisle, though I'll take aisle in a heartbeat if it means avoiding middle.

$15 means very little to me compared to being forced to sit in a middle seat. Moreover, because my flight is mid-morning, I'll be in my office at T-24. I'm usually very busy, and there's no way to tell whether I'll be able to stop what I'm doing to check-in. It's even quite possible that I will be out of the office and won't be able to check-in until hours later.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28

Sounds like you should be flying on other airlines that guarantee seats. You want an ultra-premium seat at a very low price. Not only is that not going to happen, but it shouldn't happen.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

As it turned out, I was right to buy EBCI as I wound in up court all morning and wouldn't have been able to check in for my 8:20 flight until many hours later. And I still wound up with A-52. I guess it's a more popular flight than I thought.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by PTravel
As it turned out, I was right to buy EBCI as I wound in up court all morning and wouldn't have been able to check in for my 8:20 flight until many hours later. And I still wound up with A-52. I guess it's a more popular flight than I thought.

EBCI is assigned in the order that tickets are purchased.

For example I always book my flights the day they go on sale so my boarding spot will be ahead of anyone who buys a ticket and adds EBCI after me.

If you buy a ticket a week before the flight there could be a lot of EBCI before you.

IMO it's well worth $30 especially since we pay with points and have CP
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I see. I bought the ticket several weeks ago. There's no way I could buy the day they go on sale -- I'm lucky I could see 3 weeks ahead.

Another question: My boarding pass doesn't have PRE even though WN has my known traveler number. Any way to fix this?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:24 pm

To be clear, EBCI is assigned in the order that EBCI is purchased (not when the ticket was purchased, if done separately). Also, anyone who bought an AT fare and added EBCI, regardless of when, will be prioritized ahead of everyone who bought WGA fares.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by ursine1
To be clear, EBCI is assigned in the order that EBCI is purchased (not when the ticket was purchased, if done separately). Also, anyone who bought an AT fare and added EBCI, regardless of when, will be prioritized ahead of everyone who bought WGA fares.

Fair enough, I guess I just figured the vast majority of people who purchase EBCI do it when they purchase the ticket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.