Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG to Rapid rewards, how?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:41 am
Original Poster

SPG to Rapid rewards, how?

I need just 5,000 points to get companion and trying to do it as fast as possible, to take advantage of it this year. I already have their credit cards. I have 10,000 spg points but can't find a way to transfer them. Any help on ideas to get the 5,000 is appreciated.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
No easy way. If there is some convoluted method through 3 transfers, the value will go down 90+%.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:59 am

Put spend on the card and use the SW shopping portal.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

10000 SPG> 6000 Diners > 4800 WN

I think this works. But if you do not have a Diners Card, likely out of luck. Last I heard they are not accepting applicants.

Pretty bad, not even a penny per SPG, but better option that I thought you might have.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Rental run? Have a neighborhood location Alamo, Budget, or Dollar near you? Someplace without a bunch of junk fees...where a $15 weekend day would really only be $17-18 with taxes? (I think Dollar's current promo even doubles the points on 1-day rentals, although only the first 600 count towards CP.)

Not a fast way to get 5,000 points, but it could shorten the distance you need to go via shopping/spending by a couple thousand points.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do you have points in any other hotel program that does transfer directly to Southwest? It may be 5:1 in other hotel programs, but that's better than not being able to do it at all (in SPG).
Old Apr 24, 2016, 11:44 am
Original Poster

I have Hilton honors but I think that transfer rate isn't good either.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't think there's a straight HH->WN option either.

The two I'm aware of are Marriott and Carlson. Both at crappy rates...until you hit the Marriott Travel Packages.

There are probably more hotel programs that convert...maybe IHG or Wyndham? I've simply never looked... Only reason I know about Carlson is because I moved 2000 points to keep that account from expiring.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by stevedud
I need just 5,000 points to get companion and trying to do it as fast as possible, to take advantage of it this year. I already have their credit cards. I have 10,000 spg points but can't find a way to transfer them. Any help on ideas to get the 5,000 is appreciated.
If you need it fast to maximize the benefit I would consider buying AMEX gift cards, they have a no fee thing going on (although some shipping charges).
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pinniped
I don't think there's a straight HH->WN option either.

The two I'm aware of are Marriott and Carlson. Both at crappy rates...until you hit the Marriott Travel Packages.

There are probably more hotel programs that convert...maybe IHG or Wyndham? I've simply never looked... Only reason I know about Carlson is because I moved 2000 points to keep that account from expiring.
And Choice and Hyatt. I think that is it.

And Amtrak I think, but who has those in enough quantity other than through UR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.