Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Preferred "kicking tail" ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
It came in real handy today.

Full flight, no wifi, UGH. Plane was 30% full when I boarded with A5, useless...

I handed FA a drink ticket, and kicking tail ticket, along with my BS ticket. Got a double obviously, much needed....

Low and behold, it was like first class, in row 7 aisle. I was the first to get my drink and extra peanuts... LOL!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:10 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by mthake
It came in real handy today.

Full flight, no wifi, UGH. Plane was 30% full when I boarded with A5, useless...

I handed FA a drink ticket, and kicking tail ticket, along with my BS ticket. Got a double obviously, much needed....

Low and behold, it was like first class, in row 7 aisle. I was the first to get my drink and extra peanuts... LOL!
Given that rows 8/9 represent the "service break" line (between the A and C f/a's, assuming you were on a 300/700) and you would normally have been next-to-last for drink service, *that* was definitely First Class service. Thanks for sharing!

Old Apr 24, 2016, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Rapid Rewards A+, Delta Diamond Elite, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Platinum, Skyclub Executive
Yes, you are absolutely correct!

I was worried about that exact fact. The flight was bumpy, and the FA's were asked to sit about 30 minutes in.

I was the only person in my section that even got a drink.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:56 pm

KT vouchers still good?

I have Kick Tail vouchers that have 2014 and 2015 on the back--can I still use them?
Misplaced them and missed some opportunities to hand them out.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:30 pm

Love it

I just want to say that I love this program. The employees seem so happy when i give them the kicking tail coupon. And that makes me almost as happy as driving my AMG or listening to Elton John with the volume turned up to 11 or giving a $20 bill to a homeless person. I like paying forward. I hope they win the damn drawing. Ty swa!!!!
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by James Verdi
I just want to say that I love this program. The employees seem so happy when i give them the kicking tail coupon. And that makes me almost as happy as driving my AMG or listening to Elton John with the volume turned up to 11 or giving a $20 bill to a homeless person. I like paying forward. I hope they win the damn drawing. Ty swa!!!!
I don't fly enough to get these, unfortunately...

HOWEVER, when I see an Employee doing a great job, I let them know that I'm giving them an "unofficial" kick tail...they appreciate the gesture, even though they're not formally rewarded. I think many Southwest employees genuinely love their job and appreciate it when someone notices a job well done
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:27 pm

You can always go online to pass on a compliment online

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html
Old Apr 21, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by jeffandnicole
People are too willing to complain. A job well done is often ignored...
+1 ^
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold / Marriott Bonvoy(age) Titanium Elite, IHG Platinum, WN A+/CP, Hilton Diamond
I have got these KT for the past couple of years....the SW employees love getting them. In practice they are just more drink coupons.

When i first used one, my companion pass holder and I used it mid flight since the FA was just a joy and great person. We gave our drink coupons and a KT....she refused the drink coupons and we had open bar the rest of the flight...without asking we had refills show up even at top of decent with the words,"...Im sure you can finish that before landing" Ironically we were landing in LAS. So now we give them at end of flights as we feel we dont want to be treated differently if we give them a KT....people around us are customers too.

But have fun with them!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by DisneyObsessed
You can always go online to pass on a compliment online

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html
Sending a compliment via the website or social media also results in a kick tail entry for the employee(s). Thanks to everyone who recognizes my colleagues for a job well done

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.