Wiki Posts
Search

LOST item - Western Digital Hard Drive

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:34 am
Original Poster

All,

I hope this is the correct forum to post this topic, but I lost a Western Digital Hard Drive at Gate C18 of the Nashville (BNA) airport yesterday. I lost it in a 15 - 30 minute time-frame as I shut down my computer and boarded the plane. It was likely left in the chairs adjacent to the gate. I have filed a lost item report with Southwest baggage as well as contacted the airport's lost and found.

Is there anything else I can do...anyway to get in touch with the agent at the gate?

The hard-drive had the only version of many family pictures, etc. and it would mean a lot to get it back...I am also offering a reward of $500 for its return.

Thanks for any assistance and/or help that you could provide.

Please contact Rhett at via private message with any information that you are unable to post on this forum.

Last edited by Cholula; Mar 25, 2016 at 10:57 am Reason: Removed phone number
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:39 pm

I'd try Twitter
Old Mar 25, 2016, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
You did the first two things right: contact the airline and airport. I'm 2 for 3 lifetime on getting stuff back that I've left in an airport or an airplane. The 2 successes were a music player (Zune) and a phone; the failure was a jacket that has disappeared forever.

If someone found it and turned it in, they'd no doubt hand it to a Southwest gate agent first. Whether they route it to airport Lost & Found or the airline baggage office, I'm not sure. I would *guess* Lost & Found...
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Rhett
Please continue to follow this thread in the Southwest Airlines Forum.
Good Luck
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:07 pm

Contact the airport and the airline.

Unfortunately I doubt you will get your drive back.

I recently lost a set of branded car keys on a flight. I know the flight, seat and aircraft. They are of no use to anyone. They are electronically matched to my car and useless to anyone except to steal my car, if they can find it. A new set of keys will cost me $500.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List Pref, HH Gold, Marriott LT PP

I second the above suggestion to send a tweet to @SouthwestAir for help. They are very responsive and assisted a colleague of mine get a lost item back after no luck with calling. The sooner the better. Good Luck!!!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Rhett
All,

I hope this is the correct forum to post this topic, but I lost a Western Digital Hard Drive at Gate C18 of the Nashville (BNA) airport yesterday. I lost it in a 15 - 30 minute time-frame as I shut down my computer and boarded the plane. It was likely left in the chairs adjacent to the gate. I have filed a lost item report with Southwest baggage as well as contacted the airport's lost and found.

Is there anything else I can do...anyway to get in touch with the agent at the gate?

The hard-drive had the only version of many family pictures, etc. and it would mean a lot to get it back...I am also offering a reward of $500 for its return.

Thanks for any assistance and/or help that you could provide.

Please contact Rhett at via private message with any information that you are unable to post on this forum.
There won't be a way to get in touch with a specific person...and they probably move around from gate to gate anyway.

How small was the item? If it's small enough to slip between seats, it could be a short while before a cleaning crew locates it. But use the other suggestions and hope you get it back!
Old Mar 28, 2016, 3:56 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I would contact WN, they will advise you.

I lost an I Touch many year ago, they found it and Fed-X it to me using my account

Good Luck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.