Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

SW companion pass - transferring Marriott Reward points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SW companion pass - transferring Marriott Reward points

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:40 pm

Ah, didn't think about folks who didn't already have CP. But to the broader group, any reason not to wait until end of year if already CP for current year, ending at the end of the year?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Ah, didn't think about folks who didn't already have CP. But to the broader group, any reason not to wait until end of year if already CP for current year, ending at the end of the year?
If your CP is up at the end of this year, I can't see any reason why you'd want to transfer points unless you needed to top up your account for a redemption of some kind. As mentioned a few pages back (or a different thread, can't recall), you'll want to transfer partner points into SW no sooner than Jan 1 for it to actually count toward the CP that year. In other words, if you start the transfer Dec 31 (say from Marriott), it sounds like the resulting RR points would only count toward a CP for 2016, which would end in T-minus 24 hours, lol.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 7:17 am

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll be about 10,000-15,000 short at the end of December, so thinking of transferring just what I need at the end of the year to get CP for 2017
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:35 pm

Called in to initiate my Marriott transfer / hotel + air package. Phone agent quoted 1-3 business day transfer time without being prompted. Other data points also indicate ~2 business days.

Good luck to anyone trying to knock this out at the last minute!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 10:52 am

Ys, I transferred points yesterday from UR to combine with MR and will call Marriott to redeem award Package 3 as soon as those show. Good luck to all who are redeeming in this window for CP.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Now if they would just announce Hawaii....
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Now if they would just announce Hawaii....
My prediction: If they ever do, CP will not be valid for flights there.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 4:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
My prediction: If they ever do, CP will not be valid for flights there.
Revenue management will watch Hawaii routes like a hawk. I anticipate seeing a higher points redempton factor (maybe double?) as well. Even though people "earned" points and companion pass, they won't tolerate redemptions all skewed to a cetain vacation destination.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:33 am

Data point, I initiated 270k transfer from Marriott to SW on Mar 25th (saturday) and was hoping it gets transferred soon before the deadline. To my surprise the transfer completed Sunday late night and got my companion pass. I have used the pass already to book some flights. Good luck if you're still trying.

FYI, my transfer from Chase UR to Marriott took about 3 business days and just buying some Marriott points took almost 2 days to show up.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by jinxflyer
Data point, I initiated 270k transfer from Marriott to SW on Mar 25th (saturday) and was hoping it gets transferred soon before the deadline. To my surprise the transfer completed Sunday late night and got my companion pass. I have used the pass already to book some flights. Good luck if you're still trying.

FYI, my transfer from Chase UR to Marriott took about 3 business days and just buying some Marriott points took almost 2 days to show up.
Thanks. Anyone has any more data points on how fast you get the points posted? Thinking of doing it tomorrow night when my friend can transfer me some points.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:30 am

I did my transfer about 3 weeks ago. I started the transfer from Marriott on a Wednesday and received the points in my Southwest account on Friday. The customer service rep who I spoke with was very familiar with how all the timing works and was able to tell me the points would show up on Friday.

If it is possible I would start the transfer as early as possible, also as a warning, the people you need to speak with at Marriott are only available during the day, I want to say it is only open until 9 PM EST.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:51 am

Tried moving points from Chase to marriott yesterday. In past doing so from hyatt appeared instantly. Not so yesterday. Since i didnt want to chance anything decided to combine DH points over. Had to move some SPG points to marriott too. Was a bit painful time consuming but several hours later all were consolidated. Will now see when points hit SW. Hopefully by thursday.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by gtu2004
Thanks. Anyone has any more data points on how fast you get the points posted? Thinking of doing it tomorrow night when my friend can transfer me some points.
I did it in the morning on Thu last week. The points showed up in my WN account in early Fri morning when I checked, in less than 24 hours.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:15 am
Original Member

Transferred TP yesterday morning and points were in WN this morning! Less than 24 hrs! Spoke with phone agent via 800#
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Transferred 270k from wife to me to WN Sunday eve 7:20 Central.

Points are there Tues morning 11:30, first time I checked, so about 40 hours at most.

I think there is still time. But do it today. .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.