Search

Old-style Awards expiring soon

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Old-style Awards expiring soon

Losing them 10/31/15. Kinda snuck up on me. Have about 8 one-ways but almost impossible to use.

Anybody else in the same boat?

I guess I could fly to somewhere obscure I have never been, get lunch, and fly home. Always wanted to see Lubbock.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: LTP, PP
I went crazy giving them away over the summer because I knew I'd be in the same boat. I even took a multi leg trip paying cash since there was no availability only to read here afterwards that they would waive the capacity controls for AL+'s !!! A great little secret. D'OH.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Losing them 10/31/15. Kinda snuck up on me. Have about 8 one-ways but almost impossible to use.

I guess I could fly to somewhere obscure I have never been, get lunch, and fly home. Always wanted to see Lubbock.
I got LUCKY (sort of, heh) that I ended up planning a bunch of OKC trips this fall. It is never cheap to fly there, I think I'll actually be flying to DAL and driving up after I run out. I honestly wish I had more!

I did spend awhile wondering what on earth I'd do with them, so I feel you. I implore you to give them away or try to find a nonprofit (maybe a transplant group?) to donate them to. Better than letting them go back to Southwest for sure!
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]

I had one expiring at the end of this month, but just gave it to a relative this afternoon.

Now I'm down to one more, which expires in May. I have one good and one so-so alternative for this, so I think things will work out in my case.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]

I see availability between MDW and several places over the next few weeks. LAS (cheap mid-week), RNO, BOS, SAN (Ballast Point brewery tour?),...

However, I can't seem to get you both to and from the thriving metropolis of HRL...
Old Oct 3, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: WN, UA, DL, AA, Chase UR, Amex MR
Lol, my brother and I actually did a day trip out to Lubbock a few years ago to visit the glider museum located at the LBB airport (we're both into flying and he was doing his glider training at the time). We hit the WWII glider museum, Buddy Holly museum, prairie dog town, and the windmill museum and still had a few hours to kill before the flight back to HOU.

But seriously, are you into outdoorsy stuff? Maybe Carlsbad Caverns or Big Bend via MAF or Palo Duro Canyon via AMA? Marfa via MAF if you're into artsy stuff? Just some of the cuff ideas to make even the likes of MAF, LBB, or AMA worth a visit. South Padre Island via HRL is a cheap way to get to a beach but looks like HPN-HRL has already crossed that one out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.