Search

Trouble with Refund

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
Trouble with Refund

Looking for a tip from all you gurus out there:

Booked a ticket for my brother-in-law to go fishing next month. Booked through my RR account and using my RR Visa. Ticket was obviously booked in his name.

Fishing trip has since been canceled so I canceled the tix and was told by WN that the money ($500+) has to stay in his name and can't be refunded to my credit card since the ticket is in my brother-in-law's name. WN rep said I could wait one year and then have travel funds put into my account for use by me.

Anyone have any experience or ideas in getting a refund or faster access to the travel funds? My bro-in-law rarely travels, so there's little chance of him using the funds and I don't feel like waiting for a year to collect my funds from WN.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:15 am

If it's a WGA fare then it's nonrefundable and only good for a one-year credit for the individual whose name is on the ticket.

I've never heard of waiting one year to transfer travel funds...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by 6Strong
WN rep said I could wait one year and then have travel funds put into my account for use by me.
Originally Posted by trouble747
If it's a WGA fare then it's nonrefundable and only good for a one-year credit for the individual whose name is on the ticket.

I've never heard of waiting one year to transfer travel funds...
The waiting one year from the original date of purchase is to let them expire and then call and have them reissued (less the $100[?] fee) as a LUV voucher usable by anyone.

Sorry OP - if you booked a nonrefundable WGA fare, the travel funds are tied to the name on the ticket and valid only for 1-year from the original purchase date (but...can be reissued as a LUV voucher as I mentioned above, thereafter).

Next time, use your points for his ticket and you could have had all of your points back and the $5.60 security fees refunded to your form of payment. Or, buy an AT or BS fare if you may need to cancel and get a refund.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-List, CP; EK Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay

Sorry OP - if you booked a nonrefundable WGA fare, the travel funds are tied to the name on the ticket and valid only for 1-year from the original purchase date (but...can be reissued as a LUV voucher as I mentioned above, thereafter).

Next time, use your points for his ticket and you could have had all of your points back and the $5.60 security fees refunded to your form of payment. Or, buy an AT or BS fare if you may need to cancel and get a refund.
Yep, I purchased WGA fare. Thanks for the confirmation that the funds are stuck in the name on the ticket. This is the first time that I've purchased a ticket with cash for another person. Have learned my lesson.

Thanks all for the help
Old Apr 29, 2015, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by 6Strong
Yep, I purchased WGA fare. Thanks for the confirmation that the funds are stuck in the name on the ticket. This is the first time that I've purchased a ticket with cash for another person. Have learned my lesson.

Thanks all for the help
Just to be sure, even if that WGA ticket was booked in your name, it still would not be refundable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.