Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn Rapid Rewards Points for travel booked through OTA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Rapid Rewards Points for travel booked through OTA?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2015, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Earn Rapid Rewards Points for travel booked through Concur/Voyager?

Our firm requires us to use an online booking system that from my observation has flights on WN for about 5% less than they're going for on southwest.com. Currently all that is left on southwest.com are Anytime and BS fares. Because of the 2x points promo WN has going on right now if I'm earning at the Anytime rate then this could be a great opportunity to get many more points than I'll get if I fly DL or even AA. Does anybody else here have any experience getting rapid rewards points when booking through their employers travel agency?

Last edited by Big4Flyer; Apr 13, 2015 at 6:15 pm Reason: Updated to clarify question
Old Apr 13, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
I earned RR when I booked through Concur
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YoProWithAGoPro
I earned RR when I booked through Concur
Good to know, do you know what rate you earned at and if it corresponded with the Anytime and Business Select earning rates on southwest.com?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: WN A-list CP, IHG plat, Hyatt plat, United Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
Good to know, do you know what rate you earned at and if it corresponded with the Anytime and Business Select earning rates on southwest.com?
yeah - pretty sure it was at the WGA fare since I booked the cheapest ticket I could find.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:33 am

I book company paid travel using their concur site and earn points at the normal rates. Usually I buy WGA and earn at that rate including bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.