Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Southwest 50k points for business and personal cards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

I have signed up for a southwest chase business card and it has arrived. I was also going to sign up for a personal card so I would be able to get 50k points x2 and then hit the 110k points for the companion card. My concern is this text:

Apply for the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards® Plus Card1 and get ready to get away. You'll earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in your first 3 months your account is open.2 This bonus offer is available to you as long as you have not received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the past 24 months.
Will they deny the 50k points on the personal card because the business card receives it or will they both be eligible because personal is separate from business, even though it's the same rapid rewards number?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Braniff, TWA, Eastern, Midwest, AA Exec, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by pcm2a
Will they deny the 50k points on the personal card because the business card receives it or will they both be eligible because personal is separate from business, even though it's the same rapid rewards number?
The business and personal version of this card are definitely separate products, so the fact that you have one won't, by itself, mess up bonuses on the other.

This is true of all "card families" - for example, I have both personal and business versions of some cards, like the Club Carlson visa. Yes, that's not a Chase card, but it doesn't matter - they're different products; indeed, they are even governed by different regulations (the regulations on business cards are far more in the lender's favor).
Old Jan 30, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pcm2a
I have signed up for a southwest chase business card and it has arrived. I was also going to sign up for a personal card so I would be able to get 50k points x2 and then hit the 110k points for the companion card.
The bonus points from the credit card count as Tier Qualifying Points?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:17 am

There are numerous threads about these cards already, and tons of posts about this very question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ts-offers.html
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mastercraft813
Nope, but they are CPQPs (Companion Pass).
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by mastercraft813
As discussed in this thread: (word YES removed - oops)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ts-offers.html

and this one http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...15-2016-a.html

Last edited by NoStressHere; Jan 31, 2015 at 12:20 pm
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
No, they are not tier-qualifying points. CP is not a tier.

I sure wish the bloggers who are pumping the hell out of this stuff would explain it right and save us here the agony of seeing the same posts hundreds of times.

And that the people giving the bloggers hundreds of dollars in credit card app commissions would ask their questions over there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.