Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will B3 get me an aisle seat?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Will B3 get me an aisle seat?

I don't care if it's an exit row, just not the last row but will B3 get me an aisle seat (assuming the flight is sold out?)
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by jor689
I don't care if it's an exit row, just not the last row but will B3 get me an aisle seat (assuming the flight is sold out?)
Most flights, yes IME. Bit a lot of additional factors would help.

-originating or through flight?
-route? (To/from MCO with a lot of families? , etc.)
-time of day?
Etc.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 2:31 pm

Even assuming the flight is sold out you should get and aisle unless there are an insane number of through passengers.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Nobody can tell you this for sure. It is likely that you get an aisle? Yes.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

it's from ALB (albany, ny) to LAS (las vegas)....tomorrow,friday, at 3pm
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:39 pm

That flight originates at ALB, so no thru pax: you should be fine.
Old Nov 13, 2014, 8:38 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Originally Posted by rove312
That flight originates at ALB, so no thru pax: you should be fine.
Agree - you're probably good. There 23 or so rows of seats depending on the aircraft, so that gives you 46 aisle seats on the plane. Other than preboards, there "could" be 60 A-group boarders but many will grab the front and a good portion will grab windows (and, of course, the exit row.) Next is family and a-list boarding, and the families will group together (i.e., only one or two aisle seats, along with window and center seats for the kids.) So, at B3, while it's mathematically possible you could miss an aisle, it is highly unlikely.

Enjoy your aisle seat!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sleasure
Agree - you're probably good. There 23 or so rows of seats depending on the aircraft, so that gives you 46 aisle seats on the plane. Other than preboards, there "could" be 60 A-group boarders but many will grab the front and a good portion will grab windows (and, of course, the exit row.) Next is family and a-list boarding, and the families will group together (i.e., only one or two aisle seats, along with window and center seats for the kids.) So, at B3, while it's mathematically possible you could miss an aisle, it is highly unlikely.

Enjoy your aisle seat!
Wanted to let you know that B3 got me an aisle seat, but barely. There were only a couple of aisle seats left.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Wanted to let you know that B3 got me an aisle seat, but barely. There were only a couple of aisle seats left.
^
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Almost certainly. If you are very lucky, you might even get aisle exit.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the update!
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Almost certainly. If you are very lucky, you might even get aisle exit.
not quite....pretty much the first few rows were all full, about 2 or 3 aisle seats left and there weren't any exit row seats available for a B3.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: AA,UAL Gold,AS,DL,MRD PP
New Twist on Early Bird?

Had a flight tomorrow which I had purchased EB for myself and wife on CP. Needed to change to earlier flight so I called and got BS for myself since it was only a few dollars more and will get extra points and free drink. Wife, on CP, will not get an A1-15, but I asked how her EB transfers. Will it be the date EB was purchased or the date of the new flight. Agent told EB is determined by Fare paid starting with the highest. Never new that. Always assumed it was based on the date/time of purchase. I can OLCI in a few minutes so will report back on CP pass number.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by wvactions
Agent told EB is determined by Fare paid starting with the highest. Never new that. Always assumed it was based on the date/time of purchase. I can OLCI in a few minutes so will report back on CP pass number.
The agent simplified the process. I think Early Boarding is assigned first by fare type then by date of purchase within the fare type. First AT fares in order of Early Boarding purchase, then everyone else in order of Early Boarding purchase.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by wvactions
Had a flight tomorrow which I had purchased EB for myself and wife on CP. Needed to change to earlier flight so I called and got BS for myself since it was only a few dollars more and will get extra points and free drink. Wife, on CP, will not get an A1-15, but I asked how her EB transfers. Will it be the date EB was purchased or the date of the new flight. Agent told EB is determined by Fare paid starting with the highest. Never new that. Always assumed it was based on the date/time of purchase. I can OLCI in a few minutes so will report back on CP pass number.

After sorting out by status, EB usually is by fare class/amount paid than by when you bought EB or when you bought the ticket.

I experimented a few time on flights with me and my gf when we were under different reservations where I paid a slightly different fare buck than her, or I did EB and she didnt. Another time her child was traveling with us where I paid they were on pts with my gf EB and her daughter T24 check in.

From hearing other stories on here---One posting I heard about someone who flew a regular route and having status he would always get A16---then someone else joined this route and seemed to bump him to A17. the only explanation was probably fare paid that got him ahead. He had long planned out travel like a project where he was traving Monday morning for about 10 weeks strait thus flights booked well in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.