Wiki Posts
Search

Southwest's snacks suck

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis Preferred Plus
Southwest's snacks suck

After being used to AirTran's much superior snacks, the Walmart quality snacks from Southwest has me thinking why they even bother. Why not just save the money and not have any snacks. Each time, they bring that basket over in AirTran's business class (which I assume is the same selection on WN's long haul flights), I wonder who likes those dastardly 100 calorie wafer thin Chips Ahoy version. Do they apply those chocolate chips via some Intel chip process where they just paint the chocolate chip onto the cookie? Worse damn cookie ever.

Don't get me started on the other selections. What I usually like is the old airline standby - Biscoff cookies. I can binge eat those any day. Good thing WN has been giving those out. It's not just me, I notice the rest of AirTran's BC ignore the entire snack basket and just go for the Biscoffs and cheap pretzels. None of the WN's chips and cookies are good enough. If they are trying to get me to lose weight, they are succeeding.

And who the hell has water in a can??? Were those small Dasani bottles too expensive? You get a can, you gotta finish the water. You cant sip a little and have some later.

While they are at it, why not replace the drinks with moonshine?

Last edited by saneman; Sep 21, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:00 pm

Ah, fun! Yet another tantrum from a devotee of the soon to be buh-bye AirTran. Some of these posts are quite comical...

Last edited by nsx; Sep 21, 2014 at 6:10 pm Reason: group insult redacted
Old Sep 21, 2014, 4:03 pm

It is pretty comical that our expectations as domestic air pax have been lowered to the point that Southwest can effectively advertise as a major benefit (and market differentiator) what amounts to <$1 worth of bagged salty crap.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
I never get the inability to problem solve on this. It's so simple. It's mind boggling
Old Sep 21, 2014, 5:55 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Hard to get worked up on this one, even as an AirTran BC lover.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:25 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
This is rather pathetic.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:38 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
What's an AirTran?
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by InkUnderNails
What's an AirTran?

It's how you get between terminals and out to the car rental place at SFO.

As far as I know, they've never served snacks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Wow. I can't believe someone is getting all worked up over snacks selection from BUSINESS CLASS on Airtran and COACH CLASS on Southwest.

Oh wait. I can believe.

Airtran will disappear by the end of the year I heard. So what other airline are you going to fly now just for the selections of their inflight snacks.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
I'm gonna miss AirTran BC too. In a big way.

That being said...I don't know how Southwest can do a coach cabin snack service much better than they do. Are the selections bordering on inedible? Yeah, mostly... but they can be useful in a pinch and certainly so if traveling with kids.

Best thing they serve are the yellow (salted) peanuts IMHO
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
I'm gonna miss AirTran BC too. In a big way.

That being said...I don't know how Southwest can do a coach cabin snack service much better than they do. Are the selections bordering on inedible? Yeah, mostly... but they can be useful in a pinch and certainly so if traveling with kids.

.....or bring you own snacks like....

http://www.hotpockets.com/?utm_campa...erm=hot+pocket

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
The current Airtran BC snacks are the same mix served on WN afternoon long hauls.

Yeah, it doesn't come close to past offerings but at least if you're a Biscoff fan you still have them.

Kettle chips and Ginger cookies were my favorites.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:29 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Yeah, mostly... but they can be useful in a pinch and certainly so if traveling with kids.

Kids loved the discontinued plane cookies...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
3 1/2 months more until honey roasted.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by dlaue
3 1/2 months more until honey roasted.
....and I think the hazelnut creamer is coming back in October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.