Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cancelling reward fligh

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:25 am
Original Poster

cancelling reward fligh

If I cancel my reward flight do the fees go back into a travel bank or get refunded to my credit card? What about my companion? Where do the fees I paid for him go?
I tried to search but could find the answer. thank you.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
You will get the points deposited back to your Rapid Rewards account immediately. The taxes/fees for both the original ticket and the companion are refunded back to your credit card - I think that you can tick a box to keep them as a credit if you prefer, though. The credit does take a few days to post to your credit card, though. Not sure about EBCI, I am thinking that it's not refundable but perhaps someone else can shed some light on that angle.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:25 am

You have to make sure to check the correct box when cancelling in order for the fees to be refunded to your credit card. Otherwise, they remain with Southwest, and then you have to keep track of what reservation they were under in order to use them in the future. Best approach: have them refunded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.