Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more preferred line at TPA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: AirTran A+ Elite, Marriott Rewards Plat, Rapid Rewards A List, National Exec, USAir Div Mil
I fly out of TPA about once a month, so my experience may not be typical, but it was the worst Fly-By lane I've been involved with. The "bouncer" is usually not standing right there and makes a fuss when I attempt to unlatch the theater rope, or they're allowing passengers who need additional time in through that line. Most times I wouldn't have been much worse off boarding with everyone else.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DoctorK
I fly out of TPA about once a month, so my experience may not be typical, but it was the worst Fly-By lane I've been involved with. The "bouncer" is usually not standing right there and makes a fuss when I attempt to unlatch the theater rope, or they're allowing passengers who need additional time in through that line. Most times I wouldn't have been much worse off boarding with everyone else.
Oh yeah the bouncers there are a-holes. I'm there once a month too usually and it's either not allowing my companion thru with me (I know, I know) or just being generally unpleasant. But all that is gone now...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Update: I got a reply from Southwest. It was long but they didn't really say much. Looks like Pre-check is the way to go.

Dear Marko123,

Thank you for your e-mail. We're sorry that you recently encountered a problem with Southwest. Your concerns are important to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We want our Customers’ experiences, especially our Tier Members, to be positive and hassle-free. The PreCheck program is something that many of our Customers were eager for us to participate in, and we are excited to make PreCheck a reality for those Customers.

The intent of the Fly By Priority Security Lane is to offer an expedited checkin experience and added convenience for A-List Rapid Rewards Members and for Customers purchasing our Business Select Fare. We are sorry that you have recently been frustrated with our Fly By Priority Security Lane in Tampa, and if the new TSA PreCheck made your usual trip through security a bit longer than anticipated. If we make any changes to which airports have Fly By Lanes, it will reflect on southwest.com.

It is important to note that TSA, not Southwest Airlines, is in charge the regulation and organization of all security lines at an airport, and can make the decision to utilize the lane as a standard security checkpoint. Please know we are actively working with TSA and local airport authorities at locations where there are space constraints to ensure that our Tier Members have the best possible experience.

Also, the TSA established the criteria on who would be invited to participate in the PreCheck program. Therefore, we are unable to invite additional Members to opt in, as the TSA ultimately decides who is eligible to be invited. Travelers may apply independently with the TSA via a fee-based application process. Visit the TSA’s web site to find out more about PreCheck.

Rest assured that we are continually evaluating our Rapid Rewards Program so that we can keep our loyal Customers enticed with benefits that are of true value to their travel experience. We have made note of your feedback regarding the Fly By Lane, and we hope to see you onboard again soon and for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Laura Sorensen, Southwest Airlines
Old Jul 29, 2014, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Website still shows TPA has a fly-by security lane...
Old Jul 29, 2014, 1:09 pm

I did travel from Tampa yesterday morning and there was preferred lane at the security. It was not there last week though.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by millionaire7
I did travel from Tampa yesterday morning and there was preferred lane at the security. It was not there last week though.
Wow seriously? That's even more annoying. How about some consistency!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.