Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:53 am
Original Poster

SW Shopping Portal Sears 9/$ and Ebags 12/$

Sears is back up to 9 pts this morning.
Ebags is 12
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:18 am

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
Purchase of gift card is specifically allowed for Sears, so double-dip (18x) possible.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:27 pm

How fast do the sears gift comes arrive?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Hyatt Plat
SW Shopping Portal Sears and Ebags

E-gift cards take a few hours and usually a call with Sears fraud protection department
Old Jun 14, 2014, 2:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by benmaller
Purchase of gift card is specifically allowed for Sears, so double-dip (18x) possible.
This is probably a dumb question but how exactly do you get 18x?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster

You purchase a gift card - get the 9 points for that purchase
Then you may your item purchase with the gift card - another 9 points.

I was surprised to see this was available for Sears. I had thought most of these double dips were no longer available.

I remember once when Omaha was doing a 20 points special and they allowed the double dip. That was sweet $200 purchase of steaks netted me 8000 points.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mdurette
You purchase a gift card - get the 9 points for that purchase
Then you may your item purchase with the gift card - another 9 points.

I was surprised to see this was available for Sears. I had thought most of these double dips were no longer available.

I remember once when Omaha was doing a 20 points special and they allowed the double dip. That was sweet $200 purchase of steaks netted me 8000 points.
And, if you use your RR CC you get another point/$ for $19.

This was not available just a few weeks ago and is a "new" feature they have brought back. Careful though. It does not cover redirect to KMart, Lands End and others that may not be real obvious. Also excludes Kenmore and Craftsman, but I am not sure if that is the brand or the separate sites. Kmart has also changed their language similarly, but Lands End and others have not and specifically disallow gift card purchases.

Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site. Only products with "Add to Cart" button are eligible. Not eligible on Home Delivery Charges, Auto Services, PA and Installation, Master Protection Agreements, Take With, Protection Plans, Sears auctions, Landsend.com, PartsDirect, Sears Canada, Portrait, Craftsman, Kenmore or Outlet purchases. Sears Marketplace products with "Go to Site" button are not eligible. Not eligible on Sold by Kmart items or any other licensed partners. Any return, exchange or other adjustment made at a physical store location for an on-line purchase may result in your purchase being deemed ineligible. Eligible for rewards on purchase of gift cards effective from and after June 1, 2014.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, United Gold
Does anyone know if the Sears gift card would work for auto services? Would love to use it for an oil change
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:50 pm

I'm in the market for a stove; I went to the store with a question about it, and found that the same model was $100 less in the store than on the site. I'm going the route of the gift card through the site for a store purchase, seeing if that works.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: WN Nothing and spending the half million points from too many flights, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by insomniac950
Does anyone know if the Sears gift card would work for auto services? Would love to use it for an oil change
.....Not eligible on...., Auto Services....
From Post # 7 above.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Dead now. My points are showing up in my account from a Friday purchase.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:29 am

Programs: Southwest, Best Western Gold, La Quinta, Dollar
Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Dead now. My points are showing up in my account from a Friday purchase.
Rats, I missed it.

Took advantage of it last time however; my car needed a new battery so it earned me nearly 1200 points plus more for using the Southwest CC card.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 1:38 pm

Damn, would have done this if I knew the points were so fast. Last time it took a few weeks for points to show up.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:12 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Sears is now 6 points, which is 2x normal if you can't wait for the next 3x normal offer.

Macys is 4 points, which is also 2x normal.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 8:25 pm

eBags went up to 18X for today ONLY, ~90 min left I guess. Clicking through SW also tags on 10% off certain categories... Ended up grabbing a few things for 11k+ points. Yay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.