Wiki Posts
Search

oversold vouchers

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2014, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, FRONTIER , SW--A LISTED
oversold vouchers

If you take a bump I assume the voucher is 100 to 300 plus the fare minus the taxes is that correct?
Old May 10, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by setheriah
If you take a bump I assume the voucher is 100 to 300 plus the fare minus the taxes is that correct?

Are you talking about volunteering to be bumped or being involuntarily bumped? Here are the policies for each situation:

http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...ic=overbooking

Voluntary bump is ticket price + $100 for two hours or less, ticket price + $300 for more than two hours.

involuntary bump is double ticket price for up to two hours, four times ticket price for more than two hours (maximum dollar amounts of $650/$1300 respectively).
Old May 10, 2014, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by normalone

involuntary bump is double ticket price for up to two hours, four times ticket price for more than two hours (maximum dollar amounts of $650/$1300 respectively).
You left out one part. If they can get you to your final destination within an hour of your original arrival, there is no compensation due.
Old May 11, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: WN Rapid Rewards, Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by LBJ
You left out one part. If they can get you to your final destination within an hour of your original arrival, there is no compensation due.
Per their own written policy they must compensate you. If they claim they don't, pull up the policy and demand they follow it. Here is the exact language.

If your alternative flight(s) is scheduled to arrive at your destination or stopover point within two hours of your originally scheduled flight(s), you will be compensated. We will immediately issue a check or, if you prefer, a travel voucher in an amount equal to twice the face value of your remaining one-way flight coupon(s). The maximum amount of involuntary denied boarding compensation is $650 under these circumstances.
Old May 11, 2014, 1:05 pm

Are you talking about volunteering to be bumped . . . . ticket price + $300 for more than two hours.

FYI, when my CP holder and I were bumped, I received the $300 plus ticket price, and the CP holder received $400 even (despite the ticket costing just the $2.50 taxes)
Old May 11, 2014, 5:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Silver/Gold, Best Western, Choice, AS, DL, UA, WN
Always wondered if the CP got anything out of it...
Old May 11, 2014, 9:46 pm

Location: “I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.”
Programs: WN
Per their own written policy they must compensate you. If they claim they don't, pull up the policy and demand they follow it. Here is the exact language.

If your alternative flight(s) is scheduled to arrive at your destination or stopover point within two hours of your originally scheduled flight(s), you will be compensated. We will immediately issue a check or, if you prefer, a travel voucher in an amount equal to twice the face value of your remaining one-way flight coupon(s). The maximum amount of involuntary denied boarding compensation is $650 under these circumstances.
I'm sorry, but you are incorrect:

Per the Contract of Carriage: (part 4 under Denied Boarding Procedures)

Comparable Transportation. The Passenger will not be eligible for compensation if Carrier offers comparable air transportation, or other transportation used by the Passenger at no extra cost, that, at the time such arrangements are made, is planned to arrive at the airport of the Passenger's next stopover or, if none, at the airport of the Passenger's final destination no later than one hour after the planned arrival time of the Passenger’s original flight or flights.

(ie if you are denied boarding on a flight from DAL-HOU arriving at 1:00pm and they are able to get you on a flight arriving at 1:45pm you are "due" no compensation.)
[quoted the COC but this is complaint with what the DOT has outlined as well ]
The part you quoted is related to how much Compensation is to be given IF it is due.

Last edited by tiedyeprincess17; May 11, 2014 at 10:04 pm Reason: insert information about DOT
Old May 11, 2014, 10:03 pm

Location: “I work for Southwest, but the views expressed are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Southwest.”
Programs: WN
Originally Posted by Amicus
FYI, when my CP holder and I were bumped, I received the $300 plus ticket price, and the CP holder received $400 even (despite the ticket costing just the $2.50 taxes)
Originally Posted by retiredflyer51
Always wondered if the CP got anything out of it...
Companion tickets are considered "zero fare" tickets by the DOT and The requirements of this section apply to passengers with “zero fare tickets.” "The fare paid by these passengers for purposes of calculating denied boarding compensation shall be the lowest cash, check, or credit card payment charged for a ticket in the same class of service on that flight." (IE the lowest WGA fare that was charged for the flight...is what is required BY the DOT, however GA's have some discretion for MORE than that)

SEE: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/retrieve....1.1.29&r=PART

250.5 3D
Old May 12, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, FRONTIER , SW--A LISTED
It was a voluntary bump.... so i assume if the base fare was 483 and the taxes were 22 dollars since i paid 505 for the fare... that I would only get 783 if over 2 hours late since the taxes were not included in the calculation is that right?

Are you talking about volunteering to be bumped or being involuntarily bumped? Here are the policies for each situation:

http://www.southwest.com/html/custom...ic=overbooking

Voluntary bump is ticket price + $100 for two hours or less, ticket price + $300 for more than two hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.