Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EB disappears from reservation, anyone else

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by flyventure
Originally Posted by FindAWay
I'm not surprised the CS didn't give you a BS BP (I'm not sure they could without having you pay to upgrade to a BS fare)...
See my previous post. They can't, so no reason to hold it against them.
See my post you quoted. ..I stated I didn't think that CS could. ..so, I certainly wouldn't expect it to be held against them.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Ceres
I
Since your companion's BP is a good number, let me revise to....
You might want to try cancelling your BP last minute to try and re - check - in and they would get the earliest available non-BS position, which may be quite early if someone else ahead of you changes or cancels their reservation.

...it can definitely work - I have seen C group BPs become A group.

I am glad you were able to keep her EBCI. Practically speaking, just have her save you a seat if all else fails - this is certainly a situation where I wouldn't feel bad about seat saving.
How do I cancel last minute and re check in???

And no seat saving, even I complain about that )

Thanks
To cancel and re - check - in, online, you click cancel and it brings up a note that you already checked in and asks whether you want to cancel the BP...You do but you don't want to go all the way to cancel the reservation. Then check - in again. There are better instructions somewhere on this forum (maybe the wiki?).
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:09 pm

See my post you quoted. ..I stated I didn't think that CS could. ..so, I certainly wouldn't expect it to be held against them.
"I'm not surprised the CS didn't" and "I don't think they can" don't really sound the same. The original phrasing has a suggestion, at least I read it this way, that you felt they wouldn't do it if they even could. Thanks for clarifying.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by flyventure
"I'm not surprised the CS didn't" and "I don't think they can" don't really sound the same. The original phrasing has a suggestion, at least I read it this way, that you felt they wouldn't do it if they even could. Thanks for clarifying.
Go back and read my full quote - the parenthetical in particular. You are referring to language that introduced the thought not the language where I stated verbatim "I'm not sure they could without having you pay to upgrade to a BS fare".
Old Apr 17, 2014, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors LTDia, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ceres
And no seat saving, even I complain about that )
Thanks
A non-exit row middle? You're kidding, right?
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
......l
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Explorer, Marriott Titanium, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, Avis Plus, Hertz PC
Just a follow up....
Tonya the GA after stressing over the computer screen for five minutes and asking three times how if I had a email showing the EB purchase to FLL how it was applicable to an LAX flight. It was the same confirm #and I changed flights obviously.... so she initialed my BP and let me go between A and B.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
I changed an upcoming flight booked on points that had EBCI paid.

EBCI I figured was lost/non-refundable. No biggie the points difference was worth it.

But when it doesn't show on the system trying to add it again at the airport they got an error. Different PNRs from original booking.

I have to call to see if it still exists or they can add it.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by traveller001
I changed an upcoming flight booked on points that had EBCI paid.

EBCI I figured was lost/non-refundable. No biggie the points difference was worth it.

But when it doesn't show on the system trying to add it again at the airport they got an error. Different PNRs from original booking.

I have to call to see if it still exists or they can add it.
Changing (same PNR) should retain EBCI. Canceling/rebooking (different PNR) loses the EBCI.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by ursine1
I've had this happen in the past; since I thought I was checked in I didn't bother to do so until I got to the airport, so I ended up with a C-something position. They won't do anything except refund your EBCI fee (eventually). I bit the bullet and paid $40 at the gate, after trying unsuccessfully to have them make any accommodations.

Related: You now cannot see if an upcoming reservation has EBCI attached when viewing My Travel > Upcoming Trips. There used to be a small red "EB" icon, but that's no longer displayed. I did discover that if you select Change Reservation, it's displayed on the following screen… and have written WN to ask if this is a permanent change or technical glitch, but haven't received a reply yet.

Since it's no longer displayed until you try to change a reservation, I can't see if I still have EBCI on my reservations that Southwest changed manually as part of the schedule adjustment. Urgh. I did call and ask about this and was assured the EBCIs were still there… I guess I'll find out for sure when I check in for those flights. I'll try to remember on those to not wait until I'm at the airport.
I believe the red EB does show up if you "look up reservation" on the app. But you are correct it doesn't show up on the face of the my travel on the app

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.