Wiki Posts
Search

Booking a Hotel Twice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Booking a Hotel Twice

I am looking to book 2 nights at Best Western. These nights are really cheap, but since Southwest gives a flat 600 points per stay, if I book 2 nights on 2 separate reservations, will I get 1200 points? Any experiences?
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
generally, "per stay" reservations require at least a 1 day gap between check-outs and new check-ins... so YMMV.

FTers get around this by booking sister-properties often run by the same chain next door, or booking alternating days in a spouse's name.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
The hotels know your game. It won't work. They all use 'stays' and they all know when you have stayed 2 nights in a row, regardless of check-in or check-out.

I will admit that I have no direct experience with Best Western. But i do have direct experience with Choice, Marriott and Hilton on this subject.

You might ask this on the Best Western board, because it is really a Best Western issue.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
What I just realized is odd, is that car rental programs generally do stack back to back. maybe because those are titled per rental instead of per stay.

I've had 3 rental cars out in my name from the same agency at the same time.

I've also rented a week long hertz rental in 1-day segments. by the 3rd day the hertz local rep told me not to bother stopping in each day--he'd check the car back in and back out to me each day and keep the receipts for me.
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:43 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by expert7700
What I just realized is odd, is that car rental programs generally do stack back to back. maybe because those are titled per rental instead of per stay.

I've had 3 rental cars out in my name from the same agency at the same time.

I've also rented a week long hertz rental in 1-day segments. by the 3rd day the hertz local rep told me not to bother stopping in each day--he'd check the car back in and back out to me each day and keep the receipts for me.
This is depending upon agency. I know with Alamo, they are a little more strict. From their T & C's:

"With Alamo, a flight is not required in order to receive points, except in the case where the Member has multiple rentals on consecutive days in the same market. If more than one rental occurs in the same day or consecutive days, a flight must be taken within 24 hours of each rental."
Old Mar 29, 2014, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1353513636
I am looking to book 2 nights at Best Western. These nights are really cheap, but since Southwest gives a flat 600 points per stay, if I book 2 nights on 2 separate reservations, will I get 1200 points? Any experiences?
Not unless they're a day in between the two stays.

However, you can get 1200 points for one (2-night) BW stay another way: Register for the Best Western Rewards program, and then register for the 2x Southwest promo:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/best-...31-2014-a.html (in the Best Western forum)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.