Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

WN gets 10000 applicants in 2 hours for 750 FA jobs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-1...dant-jobs.html
Old Dec 24, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: None
I tried applying, got timed out most every time until I got a link where WN was not taking anymore applications. Next time.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
I tried applying, got timed out most every time until I got a link where WN was not taking anymore applications. Next time.
Trying to complete the process on the third party site is admittedly trying even under lesser stress.

Next time try creating a profile w/resume ahead of time.. when openings appear it's then just a couple clicks.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:05 pm

omg who the hell would want this job. don't they make like 20-30k/yr?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by ikhanx89
Why would ANYONE want to be a Public School Teacher? I certainly wouldn't, but I'm quite glad we have them. We need more and we need to pay them a LOT more.

The link provided by the OP would seem to answer most of your questions & likely ease your concerns.

Should you care to actually read factual data, refer to the OPs initial link and the further details here:

http://www.swamedia.com/channels/Cor...ate-fact-sheet

Given that Southwest only hired 2% of those that submitted resumes in 2012, I believe you're probably safe from any concern over forced conscription.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: None
I'm an A List Preferred, looking for a second career. I like the employees, from the CSAs to the FAs and pilots. They are good people, running like a well oiled machine and I want to join the team. That's my reason.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:40 pm

Many people want to get on with Southwest. It is a major step up from Regional's.

Many of those people already have their resumes loaded into the Southwest system and react almost instantly to any opening.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:42 pm

Programs: CBP Global Entry, WN A-List Preferred, WN Companion Pass
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
.... I like the employees, from the CSAs to the FAs and pilots. They are good people, running like a well oiled machine and I want to join the team. That's my reason.

^^^^
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Nikongirl
Really...where? What a sad comment

http://skokienotices.com/niles-towns...-district-219/

Trash test scores by students -> higher salary for teachers -> higher property taxes.

#ignorant

Last edited by ikhanx89; Dec 25, 2013 at 10:12 pm
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
I'm guessing someone who earns less than $20K or doesn't have a job at all would want the job. There are quite a few folks in these groups nowadays.

If I was in that income/ bracket I would probably consider the job as opposed to the clerical, food service or retail positions that likely comprise a majority of jobs in that salary range. It's a stable position with an admired company to work for and offers benefits.

Once again it needs to be pointed out that most American workers earn well under $100K. I know the FT average is like $800K....
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:19 am

WN should sponsor a reality show like X Factor/The Apprentice for FA hiring to find candidates who are the most comical and friendly.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was a FA for another airline. Many of my former flight mates are on at WN. For about an hour I considered going back to this. That evening, I had nightmares of my time as a FA, and I decided to pass.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Southwest flight attendants make an average of $54k and cost their employer an average of $73k (pay and benefits and payroll taxes). As flight attendants go, they're very well paid. Three years ago, their top hourly rate per flight hour was $63, substantially higher than UA, DL or AA. WN flight attendants earn about 80% more than B6 or VX FAs.

Not too shabby for a job requiring minimal education* and a few weeks of employer-provided training.

*Yes, many FAs at many airlines have advanced degrees, but no airline requires education beyond high school. With thousands of applicants, however, airlines can be choosy and picky when hiring flight attendants.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
SO ?

If everyone pulled in salaries like many of us here....they will be occupying our chairs and we will be pushing a drink cart or worse !
Old Dec 26, 2013, 7:18 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I just moved 12 posts discussing teacher pay to the Peanut Gallery thread. Please continue that lively discussion there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.