Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

BUR new terminal planned (was: WN joins BUR's loyalty program)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-78491154/

Who knew BUR had a loyalty program?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-78491154/

Who knew BUR had a loyalty program?
If you have been there recently, you can't miss it. Ads are all over the airport.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 8:40 pm

Pretty smart. People on the company dime are more inclined to buy stuff they don't need up to their per diem or eat at the airport if they've got this incentive.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:33 am

Just got an e-mail for Thanks Again courtesy of my Wyndham Rewards CC. Nothing special.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:09 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Eh... I fly often into and out of BUR. It's my favorite airport in and around Los Angeles.

That said, I rarely spend any money at the airport itself. The only thing that I charged to my credit card is my rental car when I drop it off at BUR. But I don't think their loyalty program includes charges made to the on-site car rental companies.

(Or does it?)
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
BUR has a modern loyalty program? Cool.
Now all they need is a modern airport and they're set.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: SWA RR BIS 6.2M, A+'20, CP'20, AA, UA Gold, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
BUR has a modern loyalty program? Cool.
Now all they need is a modern airport and they're set.
Having suffered through the "renovation" of SJC, they are interestingly similar in that SJC removed the rental terminal at the far "left" of the airport next to the old United/Delta terminal (C?) and then proceeded to rebuild.

Now BUR is building that snazzy new transportation center structure and that would leave all that open space next to the terminal to expand a few more gates…

<BUR expansion probably already discussed and I missed it>
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wingrider
Having suffered through the "renovation" of SJC, they are interestingly similar in that SJC removed the rental terminal at the far "left" of the airport next to the old United/Delta terminal (C?) and then proceeded to rebuild.

Now BUR is building that snazzy new transportation center structure and that would leave all that open space next to the terminal to expand a few more gates…

<BUR expansion probably already discussed and I missed it>
More gates for what? Several airlines have packed up and left BUR in the last few years. If they are going to rebuild, it would be a new terminal to the north of the runway. The current terminal has been grandfathered in by the FAA, even though it is too close to the runways. Can't imagine the FAA would let them add on to the old terminal.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:43 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold Med , UA, AS, WN, HHonors Silver, Marriott, IHG Rewards Club, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by NextTrip

If they are going to rebuild, it would be a new terminal to the north of the runway. The current terminal has been grandfathered in by the FAA, even though it is too close to the runways. Can't imagine the FAA would let them add on to the old terminal.
Yup... I doubt the FAA would let them build any more gates that are too close to the existing runways. And actually, the airport and the City of Burbank has a standing agreement NOT TO ADD any more gates to the existing or to a new terminal.

So pending approval by the voters of the City of Burbank (scheduled for 2015), the new replacement terminal will be located on the northeast corner of the airport (the present terminal is located in the southeast corner), and the new replacement will still have only 14 gates — AND — none of the gates will jet bridges. Passengers will have to climb airstairs to board and deplane, just like most do now.

Here's a preliminary sketch of the proposed replacement terminal for BUR:
(The new terminal is shaded black)

Old Jan 30, 2024, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
After 9 years, the new BUR terminal was approved and ground has been broken!

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/articl...l-18636193.php
CA1900 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 4:01 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
With the new terminal being across one of the runways, the currently walkable route to the rental car facility— a long walk— will be much longer. Or will they build a new rental facility close to the new terminal?
Old Jan 31, 2024, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
With the new terminal being across one of the runways, the currently walkable route to the rental car facility— a long walk— will be much longer. Or will they build a new rental facility close to the new terminal?
Supposed to be shuttles, AFAIK. Bummer…loved it when rentals were right next to the terminal.
dlaue and Gar1P like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.