Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Nationwide Double Points - 10/14/13 to 11/21/13

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Marriott Silver

It appears this is not targeted and should be available to all members.

http://www.southwest.com/rapidreward...RO2XPNTS131014

Details

Register to earn double points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013! That means you will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares, in addition to the standard flight points you normally receive for each Fare.

To take advantage of this promotion, simply register, book, and travel.

Register between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
Book your flights through Southwest Airlines between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
Complete your flights between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to earn double points! Register and book today.
Terms and Conditions:

Member must register for this promotion between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Member’s flight must be completed between October 14, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Rapid Rewards® account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, ten bonus points on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations℠ Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Southwest Airlines operated flights booked through AirTran® Airways are not eligible for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. (Promotion Number: 1-6RWOOD)

Last edited by aba030; Oct 14, 2013 at 8:26 am Reason: Added link for registration
Old Oct 14, 2013, 8:47 am

Wonder if it will stack with the accidental promos that were honored. That would be interesting since some people got triple miles, and if these would stack, trips would be about free with BS fares during this period.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:25 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
I am curious about this too; I'll get to find this out in five days because I have an anytime fare and a promo that (may) stack with the 2x pts.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by gmax58
I am curious about this too; I'll get to find this out in five days because I have an anytime fare and a promo that (may) stack with the 2x pts.
Did you cancel and rebook the flight today?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: Southwest A+ & CP, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Choice Gold, UA, US Air, Hertz, National
Instead of doing a cancel today, I did a change itinerary, but booked the exact same BS flight. I should still get the bonus points right?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by pavemental
Instead of doing a cancel today, I did a change itinerary, but booked the exact same BS flight. I should still get the bonus points right?
The general wisdom here is no, you need to cancel and rebook in order to receive the bonus. Since your flight is BS, there should be no barriers to doing so (losing EBCI, fare increase, etc.).
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:47 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
Stack this with the SJU tripple points for 4x or 5x for A+. My math says 5x = 100% rebate. LAX-SJU BS r/t for $1476.40 ($1448.40 base fare) will net an A+ 86905 points. That's $1448.42 base fare @ 60 points per $.

Amazing free trip for me and my CP!
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pavemental
You absolutely will not receive the bonus for a changed itinerary - it must be cancelled and rebooked.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:07 am

My friend who got the accidental 3X points offer, is A+, and could book a trip to SJU would most likely get 6X points for a trip correct? Maybe 7X if this new nationwide promo stacks as well. That just doesn't make any sense to me, but a lot of things that WN does don't make sense to me.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: WN CP, A+, UA Sil, MR Amb LTP, Hyatt Plat, HH Dia, National EE
Originally Posted by aaronts
My friend who got the accidental 3X points offer, is A+, and could book a trip to SJU would most likely get 6X points for a trip correct? Maybe 7X if this new nationwide promo stacks as well. That just doesn't make any sense to me, but a lot of things that WN does don't make sense to me.
This could be a case of where an inept IT department errors in our favor.

But I'll wait until Friday and see if this does in fact stack.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:23 am

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
Blah so I have to rebook all my flights
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Originally Posted by ursine1
Did you cancel and rebook the flight today?
Of course - if nothing else, I've learned to read those T&C's carefully. I cancelled and rebooked as opposed to changing it.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by gmax58
Of course - if nothing else, I've learned to read those T&C's carefully. I cancelled and rebooked as opposed to changing it.
Perfect. Please do let us know if the promos stack.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
The flights I have booked during the promo are all on super cheap WGA fares.. if I change I will pay a lot more.. might be worth it if they were TQP=/
Old Oct 14, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: WN A+, DL nobody, HH Dia, National EE
^
Originally Posted by poser
The flights I have booked during the promo are all on super cheap WGA fares.. if I change I will pay a lot more.. might be worth it if they were TQP=/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.