Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The WN big $49 and up winter sale is on

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by alggag
I picked up a $210 RT for HOU-EYW plus a $97 RT for HOU-HRL. I'm pleased if not exactly memorized by the prices I was seeing.
I snagged a roundtrip MDW-PHX for 10,560 points. I think that is very good. Oddly enough the flights I got apparently did not qualify for the promo, since they were not nonstop (direct but one stop), AND they were on both Friday and Sunday. So even though this apparently is not part of the sale, I never would have found it without looking at flights because of the sale...
Old Oct 8, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I'm a little confused by the refundability of these fares.

I want to book some award tickets. I noticed these fares are advertised as "nonrefundable". Is it more restrictive than normal? If I cancel the award ticket booked with points, do I get the points redeposited into my account right away (as is normally the case)?
Old Oct 8, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: SWA RR, CO One Pass, TAM Fidelidade, HA Miles, DL Skymiles, KLM Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ursine1
FYI: United has several options for that exact itinerary for $209 rt (on United Express, likely Skywest or Expressjet).

But... those dates are outside the WN sale, so I'm not sure how it's relevant here?
It's not.

I just wanted to point out she got a decent fares around the busy holiday travel.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Can't get excited any more.
Concur - but mainly because FR/SU are once again excluded which makes this far less useful for my leisure travel. And given WN's mediocre treatment of full fare business travelers, discount short-haul leisure flights are the business I send to WN.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Originally Posted by italdesign
If I cancel the award ticket booked with points, do I get the points redeposited into my account right away (as is normally the case)?
yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.