Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Southwest Airlines | Rapid Rewards
Reload this Page >

Disappearing and Reappearing Targeted Promos! Including 50% bonus now until 11/21

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing and Reappearing Targeted Promos! Including 50% bonus now until 11/21

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

Under the "Promotions" link in my WN account:

"Nationwide 50% Bonus Points

Details

An Exclusive Offer Just For You!
Register to earn 50% bonus points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013! Normally, you earn 12 points for every dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares. This promotion gets you 50% more points!
To take advantage of this promotion, simply register, book, and travel.
Register between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
Book your flights through Southwest Airlines between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
Complete your flights between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
Don't miss out! Register and book your travel today."

Last edited by toomanybooks; Sep 16, 2013 at 11:51 am
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
May be targeted - it doesn't show in my account. Of course, we've seen other promotions rolled-out to different account over the course of 1+ days; so, it may appear in my account later.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: WN CP/AL, UA 1P, PC Plat, AA, DL, US, AK, HH, MR, OH, LQ, RD (thanks GSA City-Pair Prog/DTS)
Originally Posted by FindAWay
May be targeted - it doesn't show in my account. Of course, we've seen other promotions rolled-out to different account over the course of 1+ days; so, it may appear in my account later.
Same here, not showing in my account.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Promo: Nationwide 50% bonus now until 11/21, all fares

Mine is a double promo! Thanks OP I never looked at that screen before!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Triple Points

I received a triple points promo

Nationwide Triple Points

Details

Register to earn triple points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013! That means you will receive 36 points (instead of the standard 12 points) per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 30 points (instead of ten points) per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and 18 points (instead of six points) per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.

•Register between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
•Book your flights through Southwest Airlines between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
•Complete your flights between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to earn triple points! Register and book today.

Terms and Conditions:

Only the Rapid Rewards Member who received this exclusive offer from Southwest Airlines is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferrable. Member must register for this promotion between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Member’s flight must be completed between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Rapid Rewards® account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 20 bonus points on Anytime Fares, and 12 bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations℠ Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Southwest Airlines operated flights booked through AirTran® Airways are not eligible for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. (Promotion Number: 1-6MR3I2)
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks for the info on other targeted offers.

CalItalian: Stack your triple on top of the double offer to/from San Juan. 48 points per dollar!

Book one leg on Oct. 31 to save 31%!

My wife got a double points and double TQPs offer:

"Nationwide Double Points & Double Tier Qualifying Points

Details

Register to earn double points and double Tier Qualifying Points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013! That means you will receive 12 bonus points and 12 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 bonus points and 10 bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six bonus points and six bonus Tier Qualifying Points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares.
Book your flights through Southwest Airlines between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013.
It's just that simple. Register and book today!"
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I got a 1k bonus point offer.

Register to earn 2,000 bonus points on every roundtrip flight (1,000 bonus points on one-way flights) you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013! Normally, you earn 12 points for every dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares. This promotion gets you 2,000 more points per roundtrip or 1,000 more points on one-way flights!
Don't miss out! Register and book your travel today.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: AMEX Plat, Hyatt Explorist, JetBlue Mosaic, Wyndham Diamond, National Executive Elite
So far nothing for me. My wife received the triple offer and my two minor sons both received the 50% offer. My wife is my companion and my kids are always booked on points so this doesn't help us.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
I received the 50% bonus offer as well. Does this 50% bonus apply towards tier qualification for A-List? It makes no mention so I'm assuming "no".
Old Sep 16, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXbased1K
I received the 50% bonus offer as well. Does this 50% bonus apply towards tier qualification for A-List? It makes no mention so I'm assuming "no".
No. Not A-List and not CP.

In the fine print.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:06 pm

Wow, I got the triple points promo!

Wonder how they chose who got what...
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, MR/RC Plat, KLM Plat, AS MVPG75K, UA Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
No. Not A-List and not CP.

In the fine print.
Really? I don't see any mention at all about "tier points" hence why I asked here...

Register to earn 50% bonus points on every flight you book through Southwest Airlines® for travel between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013! Normally, you earn 12 points for every dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 10 points per dollar spent on Anytime Fares, and six points per dollar spent on Wanna Get Away® Fares. This promotion gets you 50% more points!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by PDXbased1K
Really? I don't see any mention at all about "tier points" hence why I asked here...

There's more fine print (those are just the "details") than that for promos - be sure to read the terms & conditions (like the following from a post earlier in this thread):

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I received a triple points promo

Terms and Conditions:

Only the Rapid Rewards Member who received this exclusive offer from Southwest Airlines is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferrable. Member must register for this promotion between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013, and registration must be completed prior to commencement of travel. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional period. Member’s flight must be booked through Southwest Airlines between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Member’s flight must be completed between September 16, 2013 and November 21, 2013. Rapid Rewards® account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare and excise tax. Member will receive 24 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® Fares, 20 bonus points on Anytime Fares, and 12 bonus points on Wanna Get Away® Fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within four days after completion of entire ticket. Award, Companion Pass, Southwest Vacations℠ Packages, Jackpot Deals®, and reward travel do not qualify for this promotion. Changes made to the itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion. Southwest Airlines operated flights booked through AirTran® Airways are not eligible for promotion. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. (Promotion Number: 1-6MR3I2)
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, WN RR A-list+
I hope I get something !
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:34 pm

I got the 50% promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.