Community
Wiki Posts
Search

small (and large?) changes to the website?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
small (and large?) changes to the website?

or maybe my memory doesn't serve me well:

Did they increase the size of the confirmation# font? maybe an indicator of changes to come with southwest IT?...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:28 pm

Yep. They also seem to have changed the WGA fare unavailable graphic.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:46 pm

Yes, the font change was a big improvement. It was much too small, before.
I really wish that they would add the fare detail; there is no fare info noted anywhere, when pulling up the reservation.

FL shows complete booking detail, including fare, taxes and fees, extras, and method of payment.

The extra detail is invaluable for record keeping.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by mke9499
Yes, the font change was a big improvement. It was much too small, before.
I really wish that they would add the fare detail; there is no fare info noted anywhere, when pulling up the reservation.

FL shows complete booking detail, including fare, taxes and fees, extras, and method of payment.

The extra detail is invaluable for record keeping.
Yeah, going through my e-mail is annoying. You can also figure out how much you paid by attempting to refare the flight. Southwest has a function to pull a receipt given a PNR, but the flight has to be flown in order for it to work
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:23 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

Thumbs up Also at least one significant positive web site change

Late Thursday night I had a sudden reason to check next day Award availability. Instead of booking something that was available I put a decision on hold and went to bed. Friday morning I found the flight (on FL) that had been available a few hours earlier was no longer available using a one-way Standard Award from WN. That was a surprising disappointment but even more surprising was that in those few hours the web site's limitation of searching only one way Awards when only a one way coupon is in the account had suddenly gone away. The default search with only a OW coupon is now for a RT trip, whereas in the past it took some heavy duty workarounds to run such a search in that circumstance. This is important not so much for actual RT bookings as for A-B-C custom connection bookings. The old situation of not being able to search A-B-C while holding just a OW coupon was quite customer-hostile, so this sort of "detente" in business-customer relations is most welcome.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 8:29 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by ftnoob
The default search with only a OW coupon is now for a RT trip, whereas in the past it took some heavy duty workarounds to run such a search in that circumstance.
Too bad the Low Fare Finder is now broken, showing 100% availability of dates for Standard Awards even when the true availability is 0% of dates.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:18 pm
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges

I've not seen that issue with SeatFinder. Maybe it is only happening under a specific set of circumstances? If you are still seeing, what route and which month(s)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.